Author Topic: Discounts for Silver Dollar City  (Read 96750 times)

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Discounts for Silver Dollar City
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2013, 08:00:43 PM »
well...obviously i did not think of that. makes sense I guess. too bad two season pass holders can't help each other out.

Thank you.

Too many people selling BAF's on eBay and the like. :(

LoneWolf1966

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2013, 11:31:43 PM »
Greetings, SDC Fans, I'm a first-time poster from Minnesota on this forum, so please forgive me if I'm
not up to date on the most current policies regarding admission to SDC. Due to some fortunate turns of
events and a generous offer from my wife's coworker, we find ourselves with the opportunity to spend the
better part of a week in Branson for next to nothing during June 17th-21st.

Now our family wouldn't even consider this trip if it were not for the low-cost lodging (the cost in gas
alone will challenge our budget), but we couldn't pass up this chance to go on an ACTUAL trip. Over four
years of financial difficulties have prevented me, my wife and two daughters (8 and 4) from going on any
sort of significant vacation. Things have started to improve for us recently, but we still need to live
pretty conservatively. My girls are so excited about this trip they can hardly contain themselves and my
wife and I are looking forward to some time off from our jobs and to see Branson for the first time. My
own parents have been there and loved it! They say I will love it too.

I would love to be able to take the girls to SDC for at least one day while we're there but the cost is a
factor for me, of course. I have searched for every possible discount online to try to figure out how to
swing this. I came across this forum and thought I would try my luck.
Is there anyone out there with unused BAF tickets available for my family to use any day in between
Sunday, June 16th through Thursday, June 20th? Two adult and two kids tickets would be ideal, but I would
consider any quantity to save a few $. We plan on spending the entire day there if we go, and I'm sure
it will be a life-changing experience for my girls!

I don't know if the BAF ticket policy now requires the Season Pass Holder to be at the gate with the
guests or not, either way, I could meet my potential benefactor for tickets at any public place of their
choosing.

I guarantee your generosity will be eternally appreciated and your gift will not be wasted.
God bless and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2013, 06:19:27 AM »
Is there anyone out there with unused BAF tickets available for my family to use any day in between
Sunday, June 16th through Thursday, June 20th? Two adult and two kids tickets would be ideal, but I would
consider any quantity to save a few $. We plan on spending the entire day there if we go, and I'm sure
it will be a life-changing experience for my girls!

I don't think there are any valid BAF for this time period. Our most current BAF passes are only good through June 8 and the next set doesn't kick in until mid-late July. BAF passes are only given to season pass holders when attendance is expected to be low, and mid-June and July are typicall not low attendance months. I'd suggest checking with your hotel/lodging to see if they have the 2 days for the price of 1 special. That would probably be the best discount you can find in June.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2013, 06:27:56 AM »
Lonewolf, congrats on your upcoming trip and welcome to the forum.

Misskim is correct about the BAF's.. non valid during that time period..

If you decide to do the 2days for 1, Please call 417-336-2666 in branson, it is a motel that supports our group and they sell the tickets. Located on the west side of town, the motel is easy acces to find..  Talk to Paige if you can, but anyone that answers the phone should be able to take care of your needs..

Also IF you are thinking about seeing any shows while in town, call Paige, she has a direct line to discount tickets.. NO hassles..

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2013, 08:11:16 AM »
Lately, SDC has offered tickets for $30 on Thursdays.  I don't know how long that will continue, but that would be a fantastic deal for your family!

LoneWolf1966

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »
Hello SDC fans, Thanks for your replies about BAF tickets. It saved me the extra time of trying to gain access to them during this time.  One other question, I see there is a $15 children's ticket coupon available at PFI Western Store. I looked at all the fine print regarding this but I'm wondering: Is this promotion still going on and is there any purchase required at the store to get this coupon? This looks like the best discount ticket opportunity at SDC at the current time, unless there is that $30 Thursdays special still available? If anyone knows any new or updated info please let me know, thanks again!   :)

LoneWolf1966

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2013, 05:00:48 PM »
Just checked with Country Mart Grocery in Branson. They still offer the $30 Thursdays special tickets. Sounds a lot better than shelling out over $225 at the gate for the same thing. See you all at SDC on the 20th!

SDCFan

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2013, 10:25:51 PM »
I was wondering if it is possible to split a two day pass with another family.  For example, we are two adults and three children.  If we were to purchase a two day pass (for the price of a 1 day pass) but only plan on going 1 day - could we find another family with two adults and three children that want to go only one day and we split the cost of the tickets with them?  Is that allowed?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2013, 11:35:52 PM »
My off the cuff guess is NO.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2013, 12:32:13 AM »
Hmm?..  doubt it.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2013, 11:51:58 AM »
Tickets are non-transferable.  Which means whoever uses them the first time uses them the second time or any time after.  You can loose the tickets over something like that.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2013, 04:59:13 PM »
Branson west McDonalds had a discount for SDC on their cups when I was there last Friday

raschmidt

« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2013, 06:34:06 PM »
Hey I'm new here and was trying to get some info.  I recently moved (well, moved back) to the area and was planning on getting a season pass.  A couple of my coworkers have them and mentioned the guest passes that you get with them, but they didnt have much info on them so I've been trying to find out info on them.  Are they the same thing as the BAF's that everyone refers to on here?  I have a friend from high school visiting next weekend and was thinking I could get a Season pass and bring him along rather than buying two tickets.  I've got another friend visiting on the 3rd-8th of July and she's coming back again on the 26th so I wanted to be able to uses pass as well. 

The SDC website mentions nothing about blackout dates for the guest passes.  In fact it sounds like they're good pretty much any day: 
Silver Dollar CityŽ, Branson, MO - Unlimited visits to Silver Dollar City. $5 off full-price, one-day regular (ages 12-61) or child (ages 4-11) admission for up to 6 guests visiting with you (all operating days, except April 6). Save 10% on meals over $4 for you and up to 6 guests visiting with you (not valid on concessions). Save 20% on breakfast at Molly's Mill 8:30am - 11am through October 26 for you and up to 6 guests visiting with you. Only one discount or offer applies to food purchases. Valid 2013 operating season only.
  Is that right?  Do I just buy the season pass and show up at the ticket office for their passes, or am I misreading this and the BAF/guest pass is the same?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2013, 07:23:51 PM »
Hey I'm new here and was trying to get some info.  I recently moved (well, moved back) to the area and was planning on getting a season pass.  A couple of my coworkers have them and mentioned the guest passes that you get with them, but they didnt have much info on them so I've been trying to find out info on them.  Are they the same thing as the BAF's that everyone refers to on here?  I have a friend from high school visiting next weekend and was thinking I could get a Season pass and bring him along rather than buying two tickets.  I've got another friend visiting on the 3rd-8th of July and she's coming back again on the 26th so I wanted to be able to uses pass as well. 

The SDC website mentions nothing about blackout dates for the guest passes.  In fact it sounds like they're good pretty much any day: 
Silver Dollar CityŽ, Branson, MO - Unlimited visits to Silver Dollar City. $5 off full-price, one-day regular (ages 12-61) or child (ages 4-11) admission for up to 6 guests visiting with you (all operating days, except April 6). Save 10% on meals over $4 for you and up to 6 guests visiting with you (not valid on concessions). Save 20% on breakfast at Molly's Mill 8:30am - 11am through October 26 for you and up to 6 guests visiting with you. Only one discount or offer applies to food purchases. Valid 2013 operating season only.
  Is that right?  Do I just buy the season pass and show up at the ticket office for their passes, or am I misreading this and the BAF/guest pass is the same?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

The BAF tickets do have specific dates you can use them. So, yes there are blackout days. Also, I think you missed the window of opportunity to buy season passes with the BAF benefit. Most of these perks are given to you when you purchase early. The earlier the more you get. We purchased ours for 2013 during old time Christmas in 2012. This is when you get the most extras. Usually that promo will run until early Jan then you get a few less things offered. So, they offer more incentives to get your money early. I think if you buy right now you do not get BAF's at all. Hope this is not to confusing.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2013, 08:22:27 PM »
The website doesn't mention Guest Vouchers (BAFs) because they are no longer offered with a Season Pass; that benefit went away with the pre-season prices.

Also...

When you purchase a Silver Dollar City Season Pass, you will receive the following: Unlimited visits to Silver Dollar City.

This means YOU the pass holder only receives unlimited visits. 

next...

$5 off full-price, one-day regular adult (ages 12-61) or child (ages 4-11) admission for up to 6 guests visiting with you (all operating days, except April 6).

Guests that visit with a Season Pass holder can receive $5 off their full price ticket.