Author Topic: Your Worst SDC experience  (Read 29239 times)

MSUBear42

• View Profile
Re: Your Worst SDC experience
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2010, 05:12:30 PM »
My worst day was last summer, we took family and they could ONLY go on a Saturday. The park was absolutely packed!! I remember we ended up parking in some grass field that felt like it was part of Rock Lane. It took about a hour to get from there to the entrance because the trams were always full by the time they got to us.

Once we got in the park, they wanted to ride PowederKeg because they hadn't yet, so we waited in like for about 40 minutes and we were 3 trains from riding when it shut down!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2010, 06:39:21 PM »
My worst experience was during the Moonlight Madness times last year.  More people, less employees and long lines did not equal out to more fun.  Sure it's extended time in the park, but they don't tell you that means you'll spend it in line (for everything)
SWOOSH

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2010, 08:00:35 PM »
Mine was not Citys fault, but.. I had riden go-carts in Branson the night before & broke my prescription glasses, well, the next day i went to the park without them & had a headache all day. Still had fun tho'.
Live life like it's the last day!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 06:34:30 PM »
Late August, 1984. Last day on the job at SDC.  :'(
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »
When I went in 08', it was around the 20th of May (give or take a day). I guess there is a "school day" to celebrate the kids getting out of school or something because there were kids EVERYwhere!!! School buses were coming and going back and forth! It wasnt really a bad day, but I think I'll time my next trip to SDC a little better!
Andymeets1880s

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2010, 01:59:48 PM »
I am a frequenter of the city I have been going at least once a year evey year since I was well again knee high to a pigs eye. LOOOOOOVE IIIIIIT! Except one time when my daddy took me and it was still early yet and BAM! The special once a month gramma came to visit me in full force! Ruined my whole day!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2010, 03:23:58 PM »
I was about 4, I got misplaced while watching the log-rolling contest by the waterfall

cousin bubba

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2012, 10:56:10 AM »
I have two. Misplacing my son. The good news is that I did find him latter. And getting beat up in the parking lot.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2012, 11:08:43 AM »
I have a new one. My last experience. Day after Christmas, my wife wasn't there; her mother had passed about 10 days earlier. It rained and one of my children was sick all day so we had to stay close to the bathrooms. Still I took comfort in the fact that I was there and it always seems like home.

Another bad experience is when I got puked on by my little sister in Mary's springhouse when she was 12... eewww

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2012, 04:44:20 PM »
Cousin Bubba, beat up on the parking lot? Gee, I sure hope it was not an employee that did that! Okie, puked on at the Springhouse? Kind of ruins your lunch, huh? Other than my last day at work at SDC being a sad day, I probably mentioned somewhere on the forums about the unfortunate experience I had playing Junior Dugan one day. Part of the job was to pick up the trash on the capsule after a ride. One day a lady...and I use that term loosely...decided to change her tampon onboard! Yeah, I had to clean that up. You know I washed my hands after that sad experience!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2012, 09:13:05 PM »
Cousin Bubba, beat up on the parking lot? Gee, I sure hope it was not an employee that did that!

Yeah, we need to hear that story!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2012, 10:23:36 PM »
Moonlight Madness and any Saturday during Kidsfest.
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2012, 08:27:44 AM »
1)A couple of years ago...shortly after Veteran's Day- we were boxed in the parking lot.  Literally, could not move in any direction!  Called security - said there wasn't anything they could do;I guess we weren't the only ones stuck.  I would have been happy to wait it out, but was with the family member that hates the City and we were stuck listening to her wrath for awhile.  Geesh!  Glad that experience is over.

2) Same time frame as above.  Walked in the gates and could go no further than Main Street.  It was so crowded it was impossible to move.  Sadly, we left, but happily came back next day and all was well.

cousin bubba

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2012, 10:23:46 AM »
When we were leaving Silver Dollar City, we got the last two seats on the bus. A man standing in the door way of the bus thought that the seats should have been his and said as the doors were closing,"I'll see you in the parking lot". I don't know how he knew which parking lot I was going to be in since the bus stopped at 3 or 4 stops. Guess who was waiting for me when i got off the bus? It wasn't much of a fight. I'm a lover not a fighter.
He pushed me in the back and slapped me in the back of the head. I think he was afraid the bus driver was going to do something so he left.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »
HOLY COW, BUBBA!  THE BUS DRIVER SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING!