Author Topic: Your Worst SDC experience  (Read 29266 times)

cousin bubba

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: Your Worst SDC experience
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2012, 12:51:52 PM »
It happened to fast for the bus driver to help. It was not Silver Dollar City's fault or their employees. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Something that happens to me quite often.

bobber620

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 02:03:48 PM »
I'd say my second worst visit( since I already posted a first) would be a trip back in 2002 or 2003 during the Christmas season. It seemed that everyone wanted to congregate around the square and it was bottle necked at every turn when trying to get down into the rest of the park. Ended up having to use our stroller to try to bulldoze our way through to get past, saying excuse me of course. After about an hour we finally did. Once down the hill It was like having the park to ourselves but it was the getting there and back out that were the pain.
KANSAS CERTIFIED EMT, AND FRIEND TO THE PARK FOREVER

cousin bubba

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 02:08:31 PM »
On second thought, I think it was a baldknobber that attacked me in the parking lot.

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2012, 04:55:56 PM »
Awkward, awkward moment last season when Barnstormer broke down and we were waiting for it to reopen and some little creep was flirting like crazy with my sister. We were finally like, yeah, we're not gonna wait for this :P

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 05:36:27 PM »
Barnstormer? Um, wrong park.
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »
Wow Bubba...that's called "assault." Stone County deputies should have been notified...it would make yer "pal" think twice about the bull he pulls on vacation.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2012, 09:59:23 PM »
Guess who was waiting for me when i got off the bus?

If he beat you to the parking lot, I guess he didn't need to take the bus in the first place!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2012, 07:52:02 PM »
Yesterday, I Was just recovering from the 102.5* fever (after spending 2 days in bed I felt so good to be out and about) while taking the 5 mnth. daughter to the park for the first time. It was our first time with a stroller, spring break hooligans darting in and out of the crowds attempting to get a bit more ahead, running through medians, and over ropes/ barriers trying to beat crowds. While waiting at the train crossing a bug flew in/ entered my ear... I was like "weird...it flew up and tickled my ear and is gone!". We walked all the way over to GE from the Pottery shop only to have me still digging at my ear with my pinky finger, only to feel something...YES, it was still in there despite about 5 minutes of ehh, it's gone, wait is it? I fekt it moving in there and about freaked out to the wife "is there a bug in my ear"...wife "nope"...okay...ahh something is hurting in there!!! yep it was there, and I managed to get it out with a pinky it looked between an and and a termite (heckl maybe a flying ant of a decent size. Wow was that a relief to have it out. But that was not the worst part of the day despite I am still fiddling with my ear a day and a half later!  While getting off of the tram at almost the last row in the parking lot #3 after fighting crowds... and digging for bugs I threw my back out trying to carry the car seat WHILE in mid air stepping off of the tram. The moment my foot hit the groud it was excruciating. Day 2 was managable, I just had to take things a bit slower. I feel much better now (end of day 2) Still ...I would rather this happen there than at home, I forced my self to get up and move around today despite the back pain. If I dropped anything, it is your gain, I couldn't bend over to pick it up! Chiropracter here I come!!!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:06:21 PM by rubedugans »

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2012, 05:33:44 AM »
dang rube, that sucks. hopefully ya had a few moments of enjoyment.
Live life like it's the last day!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2012, 12:02:45 PM »
Wow, Rube what a trip! It may not have been your best, but it sure was memorable. What is with those pesky bugs, and aiming right for a person’s ear? Although years ago I made the mistake of riding a bike with my mouth open, and a bug flew into my mouth, and straight down my throat. Eh, extra protein for the ride I suppose. I feel your pain with the crowds this past weekend. My father said it took him over an hour to make it from the Sheppard of the Hills, to the Silver Dollar City parking lot. Kids are awesome, but kids let loose by their parents to run wild will ruin anyone’s day quickly. It sounds like your tram ride was a real pain in the back! Although I hope you haven’t sworn off riding the tram ever again. :)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2012, 07:58:54 PM »
Rube, I'm telling ya, preferred parking with a stroller, especially a baby carrier and stroller, is the way to go....

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »
Rube, I'm telling ya, preferred parking with a stroller, especially a baby carrier and stroller, is the way to go....

AMEN!!!!!!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2012, 09:20:17 PM »
I know. I am feeling a bit better today, and actually ran a mile faster than I have in a while...I can bend over most of the way, but the side to side torquing is still a bit gruesome. The preferred was full, and we took the first spot we found honest!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2012, 01:49:14 PM »
I hate when the park is so packed. I do believe there is a happy medium. I dont mind a crowd but when every ride is an hour wait....... :-\
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!