Author Topic: Where do you shoot on The Flooded Mine Ride to get the 100,000 pts each time?  (Read 8713 times)

sdcfunfan

• View Profile
Hi
We visited SDC last night and are going all day today.  My husband and I always Ride the Flooded Mine Ride.  He knows of at least 4 places where you can get 100,000 points each time you hit a certain target.
Where are they???
I have tried to Google this and can't seem to find any information on this. Can anyone help?
I want to beat him on this ride at least once in my life before I die  ; )
Thanks for any help.

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
My son and I were having a discussion about this. We wonder if the 10,000 number digit works.  A couple of times we have gone from 9,900 all the way to 100,000.  Is this a glitch, or were we hitting the 100,000 target without realizing it? Anybody else have any firm knowledge on this?

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
My husband and I have discussed this, too.  We've determined that some targets do have more point values than others but haven't figured out which ones.  Most of the time he wins but every now and then I hit the one or more of the high scoring targets, and I win.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
 ;D Now if we TOLD you which ones were worth more points than that would ruin the fun for everyone.  They're there, but I think I'll keep the secret a secret for awhile longer and urge others that know to do the same.  Think of it as an "easter egg hunt"
SWOOSH

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Wow!!! I just thought that was a glitch with the gun...One time I scored over a million points...again thinking it was just a glitch with the gun.
Colorado SDC Fan

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
I doubt I would even know even if I did hit one, as I usually don't keep track of my score very often while riding.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
Just to rub in the fact that I know where they are....

There are 4 targets in the mine that score you 100,000 points and I hit all 4 last night.  
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 01:31:23 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

sdcDave

• View Profile
Very cool Swoosh.  Do you know for a fact that there are only four? 

It'll be fun next year to try and figure them all out.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
I've only heard of / found 4.  There may or may not be more
SWOOSH

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Can you not hit those targets more than once like the others?

Secondly, what happens if you get 1,000,000 or more?  Does it just start over at zero?

pintrader

We went to OTC last Friday and went on the Flooded Mine.  We were curious about these 100,000 point areas.  So we asked the ride op if there were areas where targets were worth more points?  He said "yes there was but they wouldn't tell him because he couldn't keep a secret, but it wouldn't matter because the computer changes the locations every five minutes". 

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
I have my patterns when I ride. I stick to the left side (being chivalrous as to let my wife board first) I usually follow targets on the Left side...my scores are pretty high, but I don't pay attention to each *ping* from my gun...I have to be hitting at least one of them though...

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Can you not hit those targets more than once like the others?

Secondly, what happens if you get 1,000,000 or more?  Does it just start over at zero?
Yes...it just starts over...I hit a million one time and it zeroed my gun out...
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
We went to OTC last Friday and went on the Flooded Mine.  We were curious about these 100,000 point areas.  So we asked the ride op if there were areas where targets were worth more points?  He said "yes there was but they wouldn't tell him because he couldn't keep a secret, but it wouldn't matter because the computer changes the locations every five minutes". 

I call BS on that.  Sounds to me he has no idea and was pulling your leg.
SWOOSH

pintrader

I call BS on that.  Sounds to me he has no idea and was pulling your leg.

That's always a possibility!  I do know he is a citizen that has been around a while and is usually associated with the train.  The next time I go down I will try to ask a few more citizens and see what they come up with.   :)