Author Topic: Where do you shoot on The Flooded Mine Ride to get the 100,000 pts each time?  (Read 8711 times)

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I have talked to a few different citizens and they have all said that the computer changes the 100,000 point targets.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
I know Swoosh will say hogwash, but during my trip to SDC after Christmas I asked one of the ride ops at the FM about the targets and their scoring.  He told me they do not know the point values for targets as the computer is always changing them around. This guy was very direct in his answer and did not seem in the mood to mess with me about it or joke around.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
So instead of a “Where in the city?” thread, it looks like we will need a “Where in the Flooded Mine?” thread. Of course, it probably wouldn’t be so difficult if they weren’t all the exact same little round bull eyes. :)

Maven

• View Profile
Hi all. We are at the park right now, and I tried to find the answer to this question.

my family rode the ride 6 times.  As far as I can tell, EVERY target is worth 100 points.

However, every time I reached 9900 points, the next shot made my gun register 100,000.

Same thing when I was at 109900. Then it goes to 200,000.

Enjoy!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
I'm lucky if I get 1200! I think the best I ever got was 2500, and that was on a really good day!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:50:40 PM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
I just point and shoot on that ride. I usually just ride it to rest. Its decently cooler than the outside and I dont mind the pe-u noises. I hardly score high either. But its still a great ride and  I looooove it!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
about 1/2 of the time i dont even use the guns, i just ride , relax, and look at the scenery..

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
I never use the guns:  I'm always trying to recapture my childhood impressions, and they do not include the guns.

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
I wonder if it's possible to operate the ride in "old school" mode, sans guns, and with the motions working on their own.  This would be, to me at least, something cool every now and then; maybe for an hour or two every day or weekend or something like that.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
I think that would be cool, cuz the sound of the targets getting hit can get really annoying.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
I have learned to block out the noise. I dont know about anyone else but having my 5 year old noisyness has been great practice for blocking out annoying noises. Boy that kid is noisy lol.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
I dont think they would ever run the boats without the guns, there are way too many people "raised" with the guns, and expect to be a part of the ride..

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Awwww, c'mon Sandy, just once for us big kids....pleeeeeeeeeeease.