Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283631 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #675 on: January 21, 2016, 05:24:27 AM »
I think Shave and MHguy have the right idea..   

They may want to increase Trailblazer passes..!!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 21, 2016, 08:15:40 AM »
I rolled my eyes so hard I saw my brain.  :D I do see the good in the TBP. Not only does it bring a great income for the city but for those who have one day, the cash to do it, it provides a means to get everything done. Happy visitors, happy park. And if I want the city to thrive I have to be able to appriciate the TBP. Even if I dont like it.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #677 on: March 11, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »
We all know SDC is getting a B&M coaster. No question about that. People are saying on YouTube that they think the next coaster will be a Dive Coaster. I think a Suspended coaster will fit in best and add more variety and it would go great with the terrain because not many coasters are like Suspended coasters. I would also like a flying coaster. It would fit in nicely too. Wing and floorless coasters are much like Wildfire. The only difference is on a Wing, you ride on the side of the track. Hyper would be great because Hypers are all about the air time because they mainly have hills. The only coasters that have a little bit of air time or are closest to this is Powder Keg and Outlaw Run. So a Hyper would be pretty different. Dive coaster would be nice, but it might be too much like Wildfire since Dive coasters do loops, but on the plus side, they all have a tunnel and it can go thru water. Ive always said SDC needs more rides with a tunnel. Thats all the B&M coasters I can think of right now. Here are some things I hope future SDC coasters will have. I dont expect a coaster to have all of these qualities. I just want at least 1 in every coaster coming up, if possible:
1. A suspended or flying coaster. These are alot different than other coasters for 1 main reason, the track is over you head. SDC really needs one. Theyll go perfectly with the terrain. Not a suspended family coaster. We already have the kiddie ride and Thunderation, both of which are like Family Coasters.
2. A backwards coaster. I dont care what kind. I just want a coaster that goes backwards, was built to go backwards, and they wont change the cars foreward. I love not seeing where I am going. That way I can expect the unexpected.
3. A spinning coaster. One that spins the thru the entire ride so gravity can take hold of the heaviest side and make it more fun.
4. A preview/show type thing. A ride that tells you more of the story on a tv, projector, or thru an animatronic either while you are in a certain room on the ride, or before the ride as you walk into a room. I want to FEEL like Im actually in the story.
5. A ride like Mystery Mine.
6. More indoor rides. That way, nor rain, sleet, snow, or heat could close the ride. Except if there is a tornado or the electricity goes off. An indoor ride can stay open during almost anything. Plus, it would be another dark ride. We need more rides where its really dark in spots.
7. A water roller coaster. Fire in the hole has the pool it goes into and they took it out of PK. I miss Buss-saw falls. We need another water coaster. Something that can go from water to dry time quickly with a great story.
8. A coaster with a maintenance platform in the middle of the ride, not including the hill or brake run. This type of ride usually means it is longer and better.
9. A ride with a tunnel. A tunnel makes any ride more fun.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:50:30 PM by Laroy »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: to merge
« Reply #678 on: March 11, 2016, 08:16:48 PM »
the rest of your ideas sound acceptable but definitely NOT A MOTORCYCLE RIDE!
I'm Your Huckleberry

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #679 on: March 11, 2016, 08:19:58 PM »
Anyway, back on topic. We all know SDC is getting a B&M coaster. No question about that. People are saying on YouTube that they think the next coaster will be a Dive Coaster. I think a Suspended coaster will fit in best and add more variety and it would go great with the terrain because not many coasters are like Suspended coasters. I would also like a flying coaster. It would fit in nicely too. Wing and floorless coasters are much like Wildfire. The only difference is on a Wing, you ride on the side of the track. Hyper would be great because Hypers are all about the air time because they mainly have hills. The only coasters that have a little bit of air time or are closest to this is Powder Keg and Outlaw Run. So a Hyper would be pretty different. Dive coaster would be nice, but it might be too much like Wildfire since Dive coasters do loops, but on the plus side, they all have a tunnel and it can go thru water. Ive always said SDC needs more rides with a tunnel. Thats all the B&M coasters I can think of right now. Here are some things I hope future SDC coasters will have. I dont expect a coaster to have all of these qualities. I just want at least 1 in every coaster coming up, if possible:
1. A suspended or flying coaster. Something with the track over your head. These are alot different than other coasters for 1 main reason and SDC really needs one. Theyll go perfectly with the terrain. Not a suspended family coaster. We already have the kiddie ride and Thunderation, both of which are like Family Coasters.
2. A backwards coaster. I dont care what kind. I just want a coaster that goes backwards, was built to go backwards, and they wont change the cars foreward. I love not seeing where I am going. That way I can expect the unexpected.
3. A spinning coaster. One that spins the thru the entire ride so gravity can take hold of the heaviest side and make it more fun.
4. A preview/show type thing. A ride that tells you more of the story on a tv, projector, or thru an animatronic either while you are in a certain room on the ride, or before the ride as you walk into a room. I want to FEEL like Im actually in the story.
5. A ride like Mystery Mine.
6. More indoor rides. That way, nor rain, sleet, snow, heat, or heat could close the ride. Except if there is a tornado or the electricity goes off. An indoor ride can stay open during almost anything. Plus, it would be another dark ride. We need more rides where its really dark in spots.
7. A water roller coaster. Fire in the hole has the pool it goes into and they took it out of PK. I miss Buss-saw falls. We need another water coaster. Something that can go from water to dry time quickly with a great story.
8. A coaster with a maintenance platform in the middle of the ride, not including the hill or brake run. This type of ride usually means it is longer and better.
9. A motorcycle ride.
10. A ride with a tunnel. A tunnel makes any ride more fun.
[
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:24:12 PM by chittlins »

Sheriff

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 11, 2016, 08:52:32 PM »
A motorcycle ride?? I bet Swoosh would help you with that idea.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #681 on: March 11, 2016, 08:56:49 PM »
Do I need to even open his post? (He's on my ignore list so it doesn't show unless I open it).
I'm guessing it's a real doozy like normal. 

Maybe I'll go pop some popcorn first?
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: to merge
« Reply #682 on: March 11, 2016, 08:59:45 PM »
the rest of your ideas sound acceptable but definitely NOT A MOTORCYCLE RIDE!
I just threw it in there because I never rode 1. I think SDC might build a nice 1 someday. But I think some people here might wish for it to be a horse riding coaster, which is why I hope they dont get 1.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 11, 2016, 09:04:23 PM »
Do I need to even open his post? (He's on my ignore list so it doesn't show unless I open it).
I'm guessing it's a real doozy like normal.
Maybe I'll go pop some popcorn first?
Really? Theres no reason to block me. My posts are just like everyone elses. What about your posts? Oh, thats right I can say whatever I want and you cant understand me!  ;D

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 12, 2016, 08:28:41 AM »
Laroy I agree that the Indoor/Dark ride is not just a little important its really important. WHy? because you can dress up a coaster and call it Caitlyn if you want you want but the indoor ride has to be something original to SDC and would help shore up the theme. I also agree that the preview Movie would be a  good idea, it is more immersive.  We are straddling the fence on theme these days.   BTW maybe you want a horseback ride instead of a motorcycle ride, same ride, different theme.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 12, 2016, 09:22:26 AM »
Themepark in Japan is opening an indoor Gerstlauer spinning coaster coated soon, themed to a clothing factory. Now the natural thinking would be Ice House or an old woolen mill for SDC. Indoo ride, weather proof, ect,ect, ect.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VHCoasters/status/708366171662323712

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #686 on: March 12, 2016, 11:57:19 AM »
you can dress up a coaster and call it Caitlyn if you want

;D
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 12, 2016, 12:10:26 PM »
Laroy I agree that the Indoor/Dark ride is not just a little important its really important. WHy? because you can dress up a coaster and call it Caitlyn if you want you want but the indoor ride has to be something original to SDC and would help shore up the theme. I also agree that the preview Movie would be a  good idea, it is more immersive.  We are straddling the fence on theme these days.   BTW maybe you want a horseback ride instead of a motorcycle ride, same ride, different theme.
I agree everything needs a good theme. I dont want a ride that just goes back and forth. I want to see a story along the way. Something to look at or hear. No I dont want a horse ride. I hate horses and we already have Outlaw Run which is bad enough as it is to me.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 18, 2016, 01:36:56 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place to put this idea....but here it goes....

SDC needs a short-term pet boarding facility.

As I shelled out $60 to board my dog for 2 nights over the weekend....I thought about how many SDC regulars probably are in the same situation.  I'm sure there are a lot of pet owners among the SDC crowd and it made me wonder how many specifically don't go or don't go as often because of pet care.  The trip before this one I used a neighbor boy who forget to let her out so we came home to a mess.

I'd imagine some kind of shed/kennel to be built near one of the train stops and just have every one wanting to use it go to that stop.  It would have have to be I assume same day drop off and pick up only.....no overnights.  Would probably take an extra couple of employees to run and I'm guessing most people who use it wouldn't mind a small fee for the service.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 18, 2016, 11:53:38 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place to put this idea....but here it goes....

SDC needs a short-term pet boarding facility.

As I shelled out $60 to board my dog for 2 nights over the weekend....I thought about how many SDC regulars probably are in the same situation.  I'm sure there are a lot of pet owners among the SDC crowd and it made me wonder how many specifically don't go or don't go as often because of pet care.  The trip before this one I used a neighbor boy who forget to let her out so we came home to a mess.

I'd imagine some kind of shed/kennel to be built near one of the train stops and just have every one wanting to use it go to that stop.  It would have have to be I assume same day drop off and pick up only.....no overnights.  Would probably take an extra couple of employees to run and I'm guessing most people who use it wouldn't mind a small fee for the service.

My vet charges 10 bucks a day , I know they are walked several times a day and loved on too! I got it good. On long trips, the fuzz ball goes to Grandma's house. We'll often fly out of Memphis just for that reason oh and Southwest.