Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283711 times)

W.P. Warburton

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • "It's a Rockslide....Look Out Below!"
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #510 on: May 04, 2015, 09:59:54 AM »
Knights in shining armor, baby boomers, and suburbia? Not at my SDC! Theme is 1880's and ozarkian traditional. Save that stuff for six flags and the like, just sayin

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 04, 2015, 11:41:19 AM »
YES! ^^^ That sounds great! I do wish they would have an area that is older, like Renaissance era, or newer like 1950s though....

i wish there was something we could say that would make you understand what is meant by the "theme" Laroy.
I'm Your Huckleberry

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 04, 2015, 02:51:06 PM »
i.e. It's a TOTAL 1880's theme PARK, not a park with separate theme AREAS, like Disney and 6 Flags used to have...
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #513 on: May 04, 2015, 03:35:45 PM »
Renaissance is actually newer than the theme of the park
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #514 on: May 04, 2015, 08:23:14 PM »
The Renaissance started in the 15th century.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 04, 2015, 09:14:41 PM »
The Renaissance started in the 15th century.

Exactly, I have no idea how Italy, Europe and the Renaissance have anything to do with the SDC theme.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:54:24 AM by Runner1960 »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 06, 2015, 12:29:46 PM »
They have Crossroads Pizza. Where was pizza first made?

Exactly, it doesnt clash right with the theme. Thats why im saying I wish it was a good theme. Not some kind of a confusing, boring era/year
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:31:51 PM by Laroy »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 06, 2015, 12:45:18 PM »
They have Crossroads Pizza. Where was pizza first made?

Exactly, it doesnt clash right with the theme. Thats why im saying I wish it was a good theme. Not some kind of a confusing, boring era/year

Laroy, I am not even sure you are talking about the right era you mentioned.

The Renaissance is completely different from the middle ages.If you are wanting jousting and Knights,kings and such you are talking 11th and 12the century stuff. If you are talking about the re awaking movement that started in Europe typically called the Renaissance period, then you are in the 15th through 17th century. Totally different time periods and themes.

Either way you are way out of SDC theming. Maybe you should go to Busch Gardens if you want that kind of theme.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 06, 2015, 01:48:18 PM »
Again, i say i cant.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 06, 2015, 07:49:45 PM »
Here ya go Laroy- it's in Oklahoma close to you- enjoy! http://okcastle.com/renaissance/
I'm Your Huckleberry

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 06, 2015, 09:28:23 PM »
I went last weekend. Best park in the world BY FAR. Dont matter if they have no rides. The way they talk, all the costume characters (its like a Comic Con), all the great shows, the cheap food and drinks, the atmosphere, and everything they have, its just all better than any park, even without rides. Although rides would make it even better...I didnt put much thought into a costume and didnt think i would need one. Bad idea! I stuck out more than a tomato in a box of lemons.

I highly recommend it to everyone! Too bad theyre only open during weekends in May for the renaissance. They also wont get the horse carriage out this year for some reason...

Come and see what a REAL park is at the Castle and bring a costume! Plus, its cheap.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:32:04 PM by Laroy »

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 06, 2015, 09:48:55 PM »
REAL park? Are you trashing SDC?
Colorado SDC Fan

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #522 on: May 06, 2015, 09:59:37 PM »
I went last weekend. Best park in the world BY FAR. Dont matter if they have no rides. The way they talk, all the costume characters (its like a Comic Con), all the great shows, the cheap food and drinks, the atmosphere, and everything they have, its just all better than any park, even without rides.

LOL, that's the viewpoint that most of us have about SDC. That's why not everyone agrees with some of your more wild suggestions.

I agree that the renaissance fair is awesome as well though. I've always found it interesting how so many people really latch onto the immersion at ren fairs, yet all these american parks don't take note. I think it shows that people really do get a lot of enjoyment out the the "atmosphere" stuff we always pick apart on here, they just don't think about it when they go to theme parks because they're used to crap.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 07, 2015, 08:20:13 AM »
Everything is just better. SDC needs to take notes from other parks like the castle or Frontier City.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #524 on: May 07, 2015, 04:44:16 PM »
Yeah.  The successful park should take advice from the substandard and amateur.  That's how I've always lived my life.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating