Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 286306 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #450 on: April 04, 2015, 09:10:47 PM »
I really like this idea. It would be like an interactive trail. I personally love stuff like that.
Colorado SDC Fan

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 04, 2015, 10:48:18 PM »
I like it too. It wouldnt be cartoonish looking, or anything that you wouldnt want to see, which is in a lot of other places. I can just picture this Walking Trail going under and in the middle of Outlaw Run more than anywhere else.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 05, 2015, 07:35:12 AM »
I would love trails, like the one that used to go under the waterfall, unfortunately, this isn't a perfect world WITHOUT vandals, laws, rules, regulations, and INSURANCE companies. No one is allowed in a ride perimeter when the park is open, including employees...
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 05, 2015, 10:01:24 AM »
I wish the waterfall trail was still open.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 05, 2015, 11:51:44 AM »
Then put the trail somewhere else.

I wish the waterfall trail was still open too.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 06, 2015, 01:10:06 PM »
I just thought of this. There are coasters at some parks, very few, that have moving parts next to the tracks, to enhance the theme. I was thinking SDC could do something like add Wooden Boards that go up and down, controlled by one of those door closer things. For example, after Thunderation comes out of the tunnel, to add a more TNT effect, 2 boards that are next to the tracks can go down right after the train comes out of the tunnel. When the boards go across the tracks, it looks more like something has been blown up, then go back up to wait for the next train. They could also do this on another coaster, but I can see it happening on Thunderation more than any other ride, even though most people wont even notice it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:14:22 PM by Laroy »

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #456 on: April 06, 2015, 05:23:10 PM »
I feel like it wouldn't be a good idea to have anything on the tracks. If the thing would malfunction and it isn't on the tracks, no big deal, but if it is on the track you have the trains crashing into them. I don't think this would be able to work on PK because of how sensitive the ride sensors are.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #457 on: April 06, 2015, 06:10:30 PM »
I wish the waterfall trail was still open.

It's closed for safety reasons and will not open ever again. Pretty sure I heard that a sink hole was discovered back there but I might be thinking of a different location in the park.  I know that there are at least a couple sink holes that have appeared here in the last couple of years.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #458 on: April 06, 2015, 07:59:14 PM »
No need for a new attraction then - NEW for 2016:  Slide the Sinkhole has a nice ring to it.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 06, 2015, 09:23:35 PM »
No need for a new attraction then - NEW for 2016:  Slide the Sinkhole has a nice ring to it.

The torrential rains the area had a few years back caused quite a few new ones throughout the Ozarks.
Heck, the cave is a sinkhole.. This is how SDC ends. Don't worry it's as likely at DisneyWorld too.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:17:54 PM by chittlins »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 09, 2015, 03:59:38 PM »
Heres something new: A Pirate or Criminal type coaster, like the Hatfields or McCoys.

For pirate theme: Back in the 1880s, 5 pirates sailed in from Lake Taneycomo and into Table Rock Lake. They stole 500 dollars from victims in the streets. Come on on this wild coaster, Pirate's Plunder and act as they did and make a gettaway on their ship.

Every time I think about this, there is only 1 song that I could see being played as the theme song: Eastbound and Down.

For criminal/Hatfield theme: Dag nub it! Those Hatfields are at it again! Grab your hat and your boots and come along on this wild ride. Act as the Hatfields when they stole from people and made their gettaway. This is one wild coaster!

At first I saw it from the Policeman's point of view, but we have Outlaw Run for that.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 04:01:32 PM by Laroy »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #461 on: April 09, 2015, 08:05:38 PM »
^I don't know about any of that, but I actually do agree with you on the earlier post about special effects near coaster tracks. I'm perhaps in the minority of coaster enthusiasts in that I would often trade track length for special effects and immersive theming. Adding some stuff to ThuNderaTion would be easy, and would make that ride really pop.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 09, 2015, 08:15:16 PM »
Adding some stuff to ThuNderaTion would be easy, and would make that ride really pop.

I agree with you but have never considered what could be done to Thunderation.  What ideas do you have?

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 09, 2015, 09:10:54 PM »
True shave. There is almost nothing to look at in line that shows the theme of Thunderation, compared to other rides.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #464 on: April 09, 2015, 09:22:22 PM »
Adding some stuff to ThuNderaTion would be easy, and would make that ride really pop.

I agree with you but have never considered what could be done to Thunderation.  What ideas do you have?

I'm just going to throw this out there without any explanation as to why this happened (and no I will not explain why so don't ask)

The theming on ThuNderaTion (the camp scene) has been removed and will not be coming back.  There were some other theming elements during the course of the ride that have been removed as well, but unless you're very familiar with the ride they won't be as obvious as the removal of the camp.  Its removal basically eliminates the entire backstory of the ride.

That is all, carry on
SWOOSH