Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283694 times)

Hollwood

Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2013, 09:38:22 AM »
Null and Void? Are you always an ass or are you just on your monthly cycle... You must be one of those people that has all the good ideas and no one else's would ever work. Remind you that BF is 35 years old... The CONCEPT of BF's moving parts is what puts it above FITH... The fact that the Yetti malfunctions on Expidition Everest at least 50% of the time does not stop Disney from putting animatronics like it in their rides, it just means that they do in better next time.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 21, 2013, 12:31:42 PM »
I just want to know if Outlaw Run still will not have inversions?

Hollwood

« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2013, 12:44:41 PM »
^ I'm confused... ???

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2013, 04:04:16 PM »
Null and Void? Are you always an ass or are you just on your monthly cycle... You must be one of those people that has all the good ideas and no one else's would ever work. Remind you that BF is 35 years old... The CONCEPT of BF's moving parts is what puts it above FITH... The fact that the Yetti malfunctions on Expidition Everest at least 50% of the time does not stop Disney from putting animatronics like it in their rides, it just means that they do in better next time.

I'll handle your post in parts.

Regarding the animatronics at Blazing Fury.  Let's not romanticize them.  They're really basic.
1. Rocking chairs
2. Saloon Doors
3. Chase scene (when it works - been broke for awhile)
4. Teedering fat lady at hotel
5. Collapsing bridge (when it works - been broke most of last season)
6. Railroad crossing sign

For me, FITH is a better ride.  It has a definite backstory and theme.  Blazing Fury never tells you why the town is on fire. 

It's funny that you bring up Disco Yeti at Expedition Everest.  It is completely broke.  It doesn't move at all.  The strobe lights on it give it the appearance of movement, but it hasn't moved since the first month of operation.

...and yes, I am an ass.  But most of the time I'm just overly sarcastic.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2013, 05:00:31 PM »
oh my!!!   :o :o :o :o :o

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2013, 05:17:36 PM »
The story on FITH is great, The ride needs updating. Waxing Nostalgic isn't going to help. I fear in a few years, we'll be dicussing FITH in the same terms of the Diving Bell. But like I said, we need more enclosed attractions/rides at SDC due to it's extended operating season in a vert fickle climate.

;DOh, and Frank Haith......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 21, 2013, 06:25:14 PM »
The story on FITH is great, The ride needs updating. Waxing Nostalgic isn't going to help. I fear in a few years, we'll be dicussing FITH in the same terms of the Diving Bell. But like I said, we need more enclosed attractions/rides at SDC due to it's extended operating season in a vert fickle climate.

I agree FITH and The Flooded mine need to be updated in a bad way. Keep the basic storyline but spruce it up. Someone mentioned older Disney attractions that have been kept. You have to also remember Disney keeps some current also. The upgrades to Pirates of the Caribbean for example brought the attraction new life. They are currently working to upgrade and refurbish Splash Mountain. The Snow White attraction was closed and a new Snow White themed coaster was recently opened. Mr. Toad was closed to make way for Winny the Pooh ride. The haunted Mansion has upgrades in the finale and scenes have been upgraded.
Take for instance poor old grandfathers mansion. This is just plain ugly and a worn out 1970's gravity house. It has to many coats of paint and just reeks of ugly. The moat in front of FM is overrun with Algee .

Point is you have to move ahead or die. I remember these attractions in their prime. Would I miss them if they were replaced with something more appealing and modern? Nope not a bit.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 21, 2013, 06:32:05 PM »

I agree FITH and The Flooded mine need to be updated in a bad way. Keep the basic storyline but spruce it up. Someone mentioned older Disney attractions that have been kept. You have to also remember Disney keeps some current also. The upgrades to Pirates of the Caribbean for example brought the attraction new life. They are currently working to upgrade and refurbish Splash Mountain. The Snow White attraction was closed and a new Snow White themed coaster was recently opened. Mr. Toad was closed to make way for Winny the Pooh ride. The haunted Mansion has upgrades in the finale and scenes have been upgraded.
Take for instance poor old grandfathers mansion. This is just plain ugly and a worn out 1970's gravity house. It has to many coats of paint and just reeks of ugly. The moat in front of FM is overrun with Algee .

Point is you have to move ahead or die. I remember these attractions in their prime. Would I miss them if they were replaced with something more appealing and modern? Nope not a bit.

Seven Dwarfs coaster will not open till 2014. It'll feature cars that swing from side to side.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2013, 07:35:27 PM »
Move ahead of die?? What do you think WF, PK and OR is? What do you think GE is? They dont need to ax classics. Hell I could say my dear grams has too many coats of paint. Does that mean I want to get rid of her? No. She is a classic and fun ta boot. I dont think the point of an attraction should be what does it do? How many bells and whistles does it have? It is about what kind of memories does this make? Does this add to valuable time I can spend with my kid? Thinking back now I dont remember the suped up awesome roller coasters. I dont remember the latest and greatest technology this or that had. I remember the fun I had with my family. Going through GM actin a fool. Riding FM a bajillion times. Going down some corrogated metal pipes (Which I think Junior placed as leftovers from the DB.)
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2013, 07:46:01 PM »

What does this even mean?
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »

Appears your coach is headed for a Show Cause penalty from the NCAA.

Maybe we can get SDC to hire him as a real, in the flesh, Baldknobber with a bag over his head.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2013, 08:40:43 PM »
This thread needs to get more civil real fast. I know we all have different opinions, but nothing we talk about on this site is worth getting in a tiff over.

I'd be fine with new props on either of the rides in question, but it's hard to draw the line between the classic experience and over-doing it so that it's "white-washed" with technology. When FC redid their dark ride it became much cleaner and flashier, but the experience is now very dry and stale. Luckily SDC's in-house professionals know what they're doing in these regards and I'm sure they have great plans in store down the road. I think if anyone looks really close at the recent changes/additions to the park you'll see they are still doing the best they can to keep the old charm under modern conditions.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2013, 09:38:36 PM »
Move ahead of die?? What do you think WF, PK and OR is? What do you think GE is? They dont need to ax classics. Hell I could say my dear grams has too many coats of paint. Does that mean I want to get rid of her? No. She is a classic and fun ta boot. I dont think the point of an attraction should be what does it do? How many bells and whistles does it have? It is about what kind of memories does this make? Does this add to valuable time I can spend with my kid? Thinking back now I dont remember the suped up awesome roller coasters. I dont remember the latest and greatest technology this or that had. I remember the fun I had with my family. Going through GM actin a fool. Riding FM a bajillion times. Going down some corrogated metal pipes (Which I think Junior placed as leftovers from the DB.)
^what she says!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2013, 11:34:55 PM »

Maybe we can get SDC to hire him as a real, in the flesh, Baldknobber with a bag over his head.

I'm failing to see how this adds to the discussion.  It appears like a desperate grasping of straws to solicit a response from me... and if that is the case, that is pretty pathetic and very unbecoming of you.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:38:13 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2013, 08:06:56 AM »

I'm failing to see how this adds to the discussion.  It appears like a desperate grasping of straws to solicit a response from me... and if that is the case, that is pretty pathetic and very unbecoming of you.

Can't help it when I see that avatar of yours.