Author Topic: Your Memories of As the World Turns  (Read 2068 times)

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Your Memories of As the World Turns
« on: October 06, 2010, 08:41:26 PM »
I would like to take the time to honor my favorite daytime soap As the World Turns which has aired 13,858 episodes and has been on CBS for 54 years. Also, they filmed at Silver Dollar City in 2007. It's sad that it was cancelled.  :( But you know the TV companies there in it for the money, because apparently to them that makes the world turn. ;)  I do think that a soap is better than that new show THE TALK which is coming October 18th. I can't stand talk shows like that because they try to tell you what to do and don't know crap themselves.

What are your favorite memories of As the World Turns? Please Post!

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Your Memories of As the World Turns
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 01:46:58 PM »
Gonna miss it too. My hubby and I were sitting with the Pickers during the filming (and many takes because the actiors couldn't get it right) It was kinda neat to see us briefly, sitting behind Dwight.

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: Your Memories of As the World Turns
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 09:44:18 PM »
That's neat! not many people get to do that. Like I said it's sad that CBS is putting on that new show THE TALK because it is  supposed to be like the view, which I think is copycatting! It was enought that they cancelled the 70 year old Guiding Light now World Turns. Oh Well SoapNet is supposed to start airing re-runs in January. Got to go I'm getting angry at CBS just talking about them, and I think this new show will not last more than a month people are already boycotting it saying they are not watching it.