Author Topic: Midnight Madness park music  (Read 24641 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Midnight Madness park music
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2016, 11:04:46 AM »
Laroy, Laroy, Laroy.  When you go into Silver Dollar City, you are stepping back into 1880's Ozarks.  Because of the theme of the park, it would be expected there would be music playing throughout the park that would add to the ambiance OF that theme.  Not detract from it.  That "country crap," as you call it, has been a part of Silver Dollar City from the beginning.  If you have been to the City more than a couple of times, you already know this.  Why would you call and complain to customer service about it when it's been there from the very start of the park?  You'll say it was because of the Moonlight Madness.  I call bull.  Maybe they had a dance on the square and played music during that dance that wasn't part of the normal theme.  Big deal.  That does not mean they should completely abandon the theme of the park during Moonlight Madness.  If you hate the music played around the City so much, I would suggest you stop going.  That way your ears don't have to be so offended by the music.

On Saturday starting around 5ish, I heard stupid country crap around the park loudly,

Umm, you do realize that you are in the Ozarks, and that's the most popular kind of music around here.  That bluegrass, which they usually play, is a variation of country?  That the two are the foundations of the music in the park?

If you don't like country music, the SDC and Branson aren't the places for you to hang around if you don't want to complain about the music.

YUP!

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2016, 11:15:48 AM »
Not everything in branson plays country or is centered around it.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2016, 11:23:08 AM »

You should EXPECT it at an 1880's theme park. 

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »

Are you talking about Branson Or SDC? I am not a fan of country music or bluegrass by any means but when I go to SDC I would be totally dissapointed if it was not playing as background in the park. Without it the theme would be all messed up. As for the street dance and moonlight madness that is a different story. While the music does not belong I understand the thinking.

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2016, 03:01:37 PM »

Are you talking about Branson Or SDC? I am not a fan of country music or bluegrass by any means but when I go to SDC I would be totally dissapointed if it was not playing as background in the park. Without it the theme would be all messed up. As for the street dance and moonlight madness that is a different story. While the music does not belong I understand the thinking.

Bingo. I'm not a fan of country music at all either, but it fits the theme of SDC. It would be disappointing if they dropped it completely. A lot of the music they play during MMI'm not a fan of either, but you don't see me criticizing it the way some people around here are...

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2016, 06:28:11 PM »
We went Saturday, got there about 10 and left by 4.  It was pretty busy but not nearly as busy as I figured it would be.  There was not a single room available in Branson yesterday so we did not stay, just drove up and back.  If we were staying we may have gone back for the moonlight deal.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2016, 12:10:35 PM »
Quite a discussion on Branson Tour Guide's Facebook page about Moonlight Madness!  Worth reading and commenting on if you have time or access to FB.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2016, 07:30:51 PM »
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:31:28 PM by Laroy »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2016, 05:59:26 AM »

Then maybe you would be better to skip SDC if you hate the music so much. Maybe a Branson show would be more in line for you.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2016, 01:33:11 PM »
I am just thankful they are not playing Lady Gaga, or similar pop music like they did a few years ago! :P

I love bluegrass music, and there are few things sweeter than strolling through the hills of Silver Dollar City with the ambiance of the banjo, fiddle, and mandolin tickling the ears. When I was there this previous weekend, I did notice the shift at about 5:00 PM, or so from traditional bluegrass to the more modern country when Moonlight Madness started.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2016, 01:53:51 PM »
I've said for many years now that if SDC wants to play modern music for Moonlight Madness, they should play bluegrass covers of those songs, like those from The Cleverlys and the Beef Seeds and the Pickin' On series.

I actually have an entire playlist on YouTube of covers like that as an example of what SDC could be playing.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpy7OpTbjVU2gzJ0II62Y8EVgZEykuHeY

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2016, 07:11:09 PM »
^It's a simple fix that would satisfy me.  They probably couldn't find a local group who does those live and cheaply though.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating