Author Topic: Bell's Developments  (Read 51408 times)

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Bell's Developments
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2019, 02:47:26 PM »
This is awesome news but SO many questions but it's a pretty confident post?  I reached out to Robby. See if he replies.  This is great news the park is returning hopefully better then the attempt in 2013.   It been 6 years since that attempt has he found the right support this time around to bring the park back to life.  Tulsa area a park is needed hope it's more solid foundation then a couple of kiddie rides at a local Flea Market.   

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2019, 07:32:28 PM »
Here is an article in the TW that came out today.  I really will not believe it until I see it.  I am not sure what all rides they still have sitting around but it have to be deteriorated pretty badly by now. 

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/it-s-just-a-question-of-where-bell-s-amusement/article_9cc062db-e578-5627-b62a-753170d31895.html

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2019, 04:28:07 PM »
Yeah I too will file this under the "I'll believe it when I see it."  catagory.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2020, 06:24:54 PM »
Excellent! I thought it had all fallen through once again, but apparently they have a site plan and everything worked up. I'm curious how their funding is doing given the current crisis, but it sounds like they are still optimistic.

Looks like they have a space saved for a large oval coaster. Doesn't look like an exact Zingo recreation is in the works, but I'm guessing they'll get a compact GCII or Gravity Group coaster that will be pretty good.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2020, 08:06:10 PM »
Looks like they have a space saved for a large oval coaster. Doesn't look like an exact Zingo recreation is in the works, but I'm guessing they'll get a compact GCII or Gravity Group coaster that will be pretty good.

I am betting Zingo and many of their other attractions did not hold up well from 14 years of outdoor storage being exposed to the elements and neglected. (last I heard was the case) They may have to be rebuilt with all new components from the ground up at this point.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 09:13:36 PM by sdcfan88 »

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2020, 09:35:11 AM »
Fingers crossed!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2020, 01:50:34 PM »
^^I doubt much of Zingo still exists. The wood would be worthless at this point. The trains were sold and have possibly been torn apart for parts. One car at least is in the roller coaster museum in Texas.

They still have the original plans though, I believe. Robby once tried to auction them off. Even without the original plans, it wouldn't be hard to recreate a simple out and back layout that is more or less the same.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2020, 09:53:15 AM »
^^I doubt much of Zingo still exists. The wood would be worthless at this point. The trains were sold and have possibly been torn apart for parts. One car at least is in the roller coaster museum in Texas.

They still have the original plans though, I believe. Robby once tried to auction them off. Even without the original plans, it wouldn't be hard to recreate a simple out and back layout that is more or less the same.

I loved the way GG remade the Zippin Pippin for Milwaukee.
Same could happen here. They retract and replace wood all the time on woodies the good ones are rebuilt several times over their life.  Stay true to the Blurpront and it's still Zingo.

I would love the idea of a small local park revival. I'd love to see them reappear under a single corporate umbrella or coalition where a season pass is good for a group of similar parks like the newer Six Flags/Cedar models, market it a way to enjoy weekend getaways to multiple towns. Imagine if Indiana Beach, Adventureland and Magic Springs, Lake Winnie honored each others park with an upgraded season passes in a partnership with each other. Tou see this over in Europe  I guess that may be a reason they have way more little parks. See this Europa Park example
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:03:45 AM by chittlins »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2021, 10:07:55 AM »
At long last, it appears something is on the horizon: https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/family-buys-more-than-100-acres-in-broken-arrow-for-upcoming-amazing-venture

We'll know more tomorrow...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2021, 10:54:39 AM »
Sure is!

"Since being closed and forced off the fairgrounds and demolished 15 years ago, the park along with Zingo will return. Along with Phantasmagoria and the Himalaya. The new Bells Amusement Park is going to be built in east Broken Arrow on a 102 acre site along the Creek Turnpike. Robby Bell stated they will be open 10 months of the year. (same as SDC in Branson) Along with the amusement park there will be a 24 acre waterpark, large indoor facility with games, an electric go-cart track, and many new rides."

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2021, 07:59:36 PM »
Heres a little teaser/promo clip on their Facebook page.

https://fb.watch/94dWACzgJq/

Also in the press conference announcement they said they were going to preserve the landscape and trees as much as they could and incorporate the creek running thru the property into the park's attractions. So yeah lets hope they follow thru by not clear cutting all their trees unlike some parks as of late. (looking at you Dollywood)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 08:01:31 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2021, 10:28:33 PM »
Lol, most of the trees there aren't anything special. Just Oklahoma scrub that can be replanted easily. This was all a strip mine back in the day. There's not much landscape to preserve, but it will be interesting to see how they use those strip pits.

The bit about them being open ten months of the year is probably the most surprising thing about the announcement. I also was surprised to hear about the indoor stuff. I don't think they plan on building that all at once though, so I hope they follow up with their planning for phases.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2021, 07:37:40 AM »
Robbie Bell said the kiddie rides will be in their own corner of the park, away from the thrill rides.

I know that someone already pointed out part of this, but it comes with another part I would like to add.

Robbie Bell said the water park will take up 24 acres. Safari Joes H2O is 12.5 acres.

I can't wait for it to open. I will try to be there opening day. Something he didn't mention was when they would start or how long it will take to build.