Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project (Thread #2)  (Read 146021 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2020 Project (Thread #2)
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2019, 11:35:10 PM »
The queue line goes on the ride side of the station and then back into a queue house which is housed in the facade building that the final drop goes through before coming back to the station.

Queueing next to a major drop is great for building rider excitement.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2019, 02:48:01 PM »
Swoosh looking through your photos I'm going to guess that the "mystery building" is a Dryer/locker building. The left side with the drain pipe is for the dryer and the right side that is finished is for the lockers.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

RJW

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2019, 11:42:16 PM »
Huge difference.  The latter two are often found in cities, while a town has its own local government (as does a city).  Cities and towns may be adjacent to one another, but are not a part of each other.
Nope! For instance, in the city of St. Louis there is Dutch Town, the mostly German area. Also Dog Town, known as the Irish area. (There's an interesting story behind the Dog Town name that has nothing to do with ethnicity)
The old, historic area in the city of Florissant Missouri is officially called "Old Town". Big cities don't have areas called downcity do they? Or maybe Uptown Cafe in Branson should be Upcity Cafe because it is within the city limits of Branson.
So, within a "city" there certainly can be distinct areas referred to as "town"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2019, 05:10:59 PM »
Without being too redundant on other posts being made, here is an update on the construction of Mystic River Falls at SDC from my recent visit this week.

WATCH VIDEO HERE:
https://youtu.be/fPgoBsDByK4

The loading station under construction.

Work continues on the pumphouse/lift/drop area.

Canal landscaping work continues. Note the addition of trees, shrubbery, and detailed rockwork.

The new Ribhouse is coming along nicely.

Lake Silver has been drained for the winter season.

It will be great to see how all this will look when the ride opens next spring. Loving the landscaping work being done.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:04:12 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2019, 10:41:04 PM »
Got to see it all up close at the ACE coaster Christmas walk back today. It really looks incredible with the authentic rock work everywhere. The new ribhouse will be nice and cozy and it interacts a lot with the new ride through. They are still pouring concrete at the base of the tower and may not even start on the steelwork until after the season ends.

They also dropped the news that the old white river mercantile building will become a cinnamon bread bakery. I guess that building will be safe for the future.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2019, 08:00:58 PM »
Got to see it all up close at the ACE coaster Christmas walk back today. It really looks incredible with the authentic rock work everywhere. The new ribhouse will be nice and cozy and it interacts a lot with the new ride through. They are still pouring concrete at the base of the tower and may not even start on the steelwork until after the season ends.

They also dropped the news that the old white river mercantile building will become a cinnamon bread bakery. I guess that building will be safe for the future.

What!!!!  This is the biggest news of all!!!!   Cinnamon bread is moving?????

The Mill can be a tough place to get in and out of.  As long as it tastes the same....guess my first stop in SDC will take a few steps longer.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2019, 10:27:51 AM »

The Mill can be a tough place to get in and out of.  As long as it tastes the same....guess my first stop in SDC will take a few steps longer.

But that also means no cinnamon bread before the official park opening -- will have to wait for the chains to drop.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2019, 01:36:45 PM »

But that also means no cinnamon bread before the official park opening -- will have to wait for the chains to drop.

I'm pretty sure if the bread sells up front, they will have them at both locations.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2019, 07:03:30 PM »

I'm pretty sure if the bread sells up front, they will have them at both locations.

Unless it has changed in the last 10 minutes, all baked items currently at the Mill will now be at this new location
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2019, 07:09:34 PM »

Unless it has changed in the last 10 minutes, all baked items currently at the Mill will now be at this new location

I take that to mean sales at The Mill are not great.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2019, 11:55:43 AM »
From the outside looking in, it seems that the Mill has actually gotten TOO popular over the past couple years. There were rumors that they were looking at expanding it somehow, even taking over the candle shop to do so. The mill was never built to handle the number of people coming through to get cinnamon bread. At times there have been lines of 30+ minutes or more.

We'll see where things land in spring, but I was told that the mill would still have a few baked things, and they would still have some bread making going on there. I think the milling should be more featured though - so many people fail to realize that it is a real mill!

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »
From the outside looking in, it seems that the Mill has actually gotten TOO popular over the past couple years. There were rumors that they were looking at expanding it somehow, even taking over the candle shop to do so. The mill was never built to handle the number of people coming through to get cinnamon bread. At times there have been lines of 30+ minutes or more.

We'll see where things land in spring, but I was told that the mill would still have a few baked things, and they would still have some bread making going on there. I think the milling should be more featured though - so many people fail to realize that it is a real mill!

Silly me.  I was thinking of The Mill Restaurant during this conversation, and not Sullivan's Mill.  But yes, the milling has gone by the wayside through the years and the bread sales have taken over the facility.  I'm all for moving the more commercial stuff out of there to the new Rivertown.  I had wondered why these guys were getting their cinnamon bread at the restaurant, figuring that was a pretty stupid location for it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2019, 06:32:22 PM »
SWOOSH

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2019, 09:16:08 AM »
Did anyone notice the most recent copy of the SDC times where it refers to "Craft Days and Pumpkins" for 2020 rather than "Craft Days and Pumpkin Nights"? I thought that was odd. Perhaps it was a typo.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2019, 06:35:40 PM »
Did anyone notice the most recent copy of the SDC times where it refers to "Craft Days and Pumpkins" for 2020 rather than "Craft Days and Pumpkin Nights"? I thought that was odd. Perhaps it was a typo.

I’m sure it was just a sloppy c/p job, much like the recent times referring to Joy as Christmas on Main Street
SWOOSH