Author Topic: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 133054 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #375 on: October 28, 2019, 12:09:57 PM »
Everyone talks about the "theme" of the park..  Just think what taking those tress out would do the the initial feel  of the park, IF the square was stripped of the big trees.. :'(

No one suggested that they would strip the square of all of its trees. I was meaning 2-3 right in the middle where the Christmas tree is. I figured that it was just to make the concept art cleaner.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #376 on: October 28, 2019, 01:30:58 PM »
Is there any chance that SDC will be cutting down trees in the square before the Christmas festival begins? When we were there last week, we noticed just how big the trees in the center of the square around where the tree will be are. In the marketing photos there aren't any trees around the new Christmas tree and it looks much more open, which I really like. I know that some would really throw a fit about them cutting down tress, but I think that it would really help with the Christmas festival and the tree show if they did remove a few of them.

I think they’re more concerned with it just fitting in that area.  It’ll be interesting to see of the sound booth had to be removed or not to make it fit.  I mean the old tree just barely fit there
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #377 on: October 28, 2019, 07:29:41 PM »
Perhaps the new tree will envelop the bandstand and/or seating all the way up to or onto the rock walls.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 29, 2019, 01:03:27 AM »
This is definitely where Dollywood got an advantage with that Wilderness Plaza - they put a fountain in the middle and for LumiNights they put in a giant pumpkin tree and then the framing is already there for their new (as of last year) Christmas tree that is similar to what SDC is getting. SDC doesn't have a wide open space in the park like DW does, hence why the backstage area was used for Pumpkin Nights.... Nowhere else to put it.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 29, 2019, 07:08:35 AM »
This is definitely where Dollywood got an advantage with that Wilderness Plaza - they put a fountain in the middle and for LumiNights they put in a giant pumpkin tree and then the framing is already there for their new (as of last year) Christmas tree that is similar to what SDC is getting. SDC doesn't have a wide open space in the park like DW does, hence why the backstage area was used for Pumpkin Nights.... Nowhere else to put it.

I am glad the "backstage" area was used for the PN (pumkin nights).   If it had been slammed up front, it would have ruined the whole SDC feeling completely..  With PN in the back and at GE area, at least there was room for a few crafters and the "Fall Festival" feel..

Hopefully the PTB realize that the PN thing is not being enjoyed by 100% of us, and will bring back a few more crafters and let us enjoy the park and festival they way we like and remember....    If the families want to go do the PN, then they have that option too..

I am sure next year will be revamped and modified, just hoping that both crafters and PN are improved equally.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 29, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »
They’ve already confirmed that they’re bringing more (and new) crafters for next year.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #381 on: October 31, 2019, 08:32:12 PM »
So the pumpkin stuff was an obvious success, despite some poor weather and the fact that it was more-or-less confined to a fairly small area. Sounds like it will be back even bigger, longer, and more pumpkiny next year as expected. I'm sure the "backstage" area will be better then as well. It looks like they installed a bunch of infrastructure to support something that didn't get debuted this year.

Sounds like they finally heard the complaints about the lack of crafters. The crafters had been falling off for years now, but this year was the first time everyone seemed to notice at once.

How was the lumberjack show? Didn't hear much about it.

The new tree is already being installed. The park posted a new video about the Christmas prep on FB today. Still lots of trees in the way!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 01, 2019, 08:57:33 PM »
^ The lumberjack show was pretty good.  The whole thing took place in a lumber camp setting even though the pictures promoting the show had it taking place in a saloon setting.  I only got to see the show once so they may have had 2 different sets for 2 different shows. (I was hoping they'd do a scenery change to a saloon like they do the scenery changes for A Christmas Carol.)  We saw the show on Sunday October 6th that eventually had a full show.  We only waited about 10 minutes to get in.  Saturday October 5th the line for the show was past the Silver Dollar Saloon and starting to back up hill street.  Judging from that day at least it looked like a huge success.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 08:59:29 PM by Duelist »
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #383 on: November 02, 2019, 08:43:56 AM »
^ The lumberjack show was pretty good.  The whole thing took place in a lumber camp setting even though the pictures promoting the show had it taking place in a saloon setting.  I only got to see the show once so they may have had 2 different sets for 2 different shows. (I was hoping they'd do a scenery change to a saloon like they do the scenery changes for A Christmas Carol.)  We saw the show on Sunday October 6th that eventually had a full show.  We only waited about 10 minutes to get in.  Saturday October 5th the line for the show was past the Silver Dollar Saloon and starting to back up hill street.  Judging from that day at least it looked like a huge success.

The promotional photos (saloon) were from another of Cirque Eloise’s shows.  Lumberjacks was specifically created for SDC
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 02, 2019, 04:53:10 PM »
^ Thanks Swoosh- I did not know that.  I was really hoping it would be a Saloon setting to complete History Buff's vision from 2008  :)
I'm Your Huckleberry