Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 157182 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)
« Reply #300 on: February 05, 2020, 08:28:23 PM »
The Rocking Boat is perfect for a FM reboot

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #301 on: March 06, 2020, 04:40:38 AM »
Heres a better video of the concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6srd2tchaA

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 07, 2020, 04:50:26 AM »
That could be a cool basis for a new themed ride!
As far as SDC using it as a basis for an updated version of an existing ride... That doesn't seem to be how they do things now. They seem to want a new theme with their new rides. I'm assuming they have data that shows this brings in more new visitors.
That being said, I'll miss the flooded mine when it goes.... There are just fewer and fewer spots in the park that take me back to when I was a kid running around the grounds with my little brother.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 07, 2020, 02:58:16 PM »
That electrical cord attached looks like it would limit its capabilities. Plus looks awful. Not sure why it needs that to function ? Hopefully that is just a prototype.

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 07, 2020, 02:59:09 PM »
It is a prototype

That electrical cord attached looks like it would limit its capabilities. Plus looks awful. Not sure why it needs that to function ? Hopefully that is just a prototype.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 07, 2020, 03:59:30 PM »
They were trying to sell from that video. Not a good representation if that is how it is going to be in reality. I am unimpressed by it really.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #306 on: March 11, 2020, 08:06:15 PM »
I'm guessing that whatever future plans SDC might have had will be pushed back at least a year at this point. It's going to be like 2009 when they abandoned Riverblast half way though construction and left a hole in the ground for a year to get through the recession. At least this time they are basically finished with the new ride. It will probably be the big new thing for three years rather than the customary two.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #307 on: March 11, 2020, 09:56:09 PM »
I'm guessing that whatever future plans SDC might have had will be pushed back at least a year at this point. It's going to be like 2009 when they abandoned Riverblast half way though construction and left a hole in the ground for a year to get through the recession. At least this time they are basically finished with the new ride. It will probably be the big new thing for three years rather than the customary two.

Are you speculating on regarding the virus scare or has there been an announcement hinting at this?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:57:58 PM by sdcfan88 »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 22, 2020, 04:01:53 PM »
Hard to tell at this point how much this will impact the amusement park industry.  Best case scenario is starting to feel like everyone in the industry will probably have to cut back plans for at least a year.  The new ride lineup for next year across the country will probably be pretty bare:(

Id assume SDC has the capital to finish out MRFs....but hard to say how long it will be before SDC can recover that investment if the crowds are slow to come back.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2020, 07:55:21 AM »

Id assume SDC has the capital to finish out MRFs....but hard to say how long it will be before SDC can recover that investment if the crowds are slow to come back.

Oh yes the new attraction will for sure be ready, If and When they get the park open...

Only delay would be IF the government jumps in and closes construction sites and/or delivery of products needed on construction sites

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 15, 2020, 07:19:16 PM »
Just putting this out there, I know it doesn't have a big chance of happening. Imagine a B&M flying coaster that further built on the theme of wildfire!!! That flew through the woods (with a couple hiccups in the plan ie. Pretzel loop or other cool inversions). I feel like this would add allot to their lineup since they don't have anything of an invert style and there aren't any flying coasters near by! I believe that or a hyper would be the best "next big coaster" for the park even though it doesn't have a big chance of happening. This would just be sooo cool!!!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #311 on: April 15, 2020, 07:26:57 PM »
Just putting this out there, I know it doesn't have a big chance of happening. Imagine a B&M flying coaster that further built on the theme of wildfire!!! That flew through the woods (with a couple hiccups in the plan ie. Pretzel loop or other cool inversions). I feel like this would add allot to their lineup since they don't have anything of an invert style and there aren't any flying coasters near by! I believe that or a hyper would be the best "next big coaster" for the park even though it doesn't have a big chance of happening. This would just be sooo cool!!!

Before the COVID nonsense, the next coaster being batted around for both DW & SDC was a B&M hypercoaster.  I hope that can still happen
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #312 on: April 22, 2020, 09:10:25 PM »
I was assuming that the next big thing will be a rebuild of either AP, FITH, or FM. In any case, it seems pretty certain that everything will be pushed back at least a year...

I'm down for a hyper though. Put it over the parking lot?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2020, 08:16:46 AM »
I was assuming that the next big thing will be a rebuild of either AP, FITH, or FM. In any case, it seems pretty certain that everything will be pushed back at least a year...

I'm down for a hyper though. Put it over the parking lot?

DW would be first and it would be an addition to Wildwood Grove.  The FITH replacement / Train Station relocation is supposedly still our next project.  IDK if it’ll be pushed back or not because it was already going to be a multi season project anyway.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:28:45 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2020, 08:22:40 AM »
Train station replication?