Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 157222 times)

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)
« Reply #285 on: June 01, 2018, 09:15:49 PM »
I believed at one time Dollywood had an indoor 3D  flying theater  that featured Dolly and a Cousin  in a Bi-plane flying over the Smokies. Dose that still exist?
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #286 on: June 02, 2018, 12:30:13 AM »
I believed at one time Dollywood had an indoor 3D  flying theater  that featured Dolly and a Cousin  in a Bi-plane flying over the Smokies. Dose that still exist?

It was more like the hardware they use for Minion Mayhem at Universal.  No they removed the hardware several years ago and converted it to a performance facility that sits unused most of the season
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #287 on: June 02, 2018, 06:28:20 PM »

No ride anymore.  It's a show theater now. When I was there last summer it featured a show called "My People, My Music" that features one of Dolly's brothers, cousins, and a couple of other family members.  It is also running again this year https://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Entertainment/My-People
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #288 on: June 04, 2018, 08:41:39 PM »
I am still placing bets on something happening in and around Lake Silver and then finally the long speculated area between PK and WF to eliminate the dead ends on that side of the park.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #289 on: June 04, 2018, 09:26:16 PM »

No ride anymore.  It's a show theater now. When I was there last summer it featured a show called "My People, My Music" that features one of Dolly's brothers, cousins, and a couple of other family members.  It is also running again this year https://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Entertainment/My-People

We can continue the Bigfoot conversation here:  http://www.sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=3882.msg74875#new.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 04, 2018, 10:14:56 PM »
I am still placing bets on something happening in and around Lake Silver and then finally the long speculated area between PK and WF to eliminate the dead ends on that side of the park.

Like I’ve said before, I wish they’d rebuild LR (and theme it) and build a new themed log flume in the old WB lot - having both tie into Fireman’s Landing.  That frees up land over by PK/WF for a bigger project. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #291 on: July 17, 2018, 09:39:12 PM »
Pointed this out in a DW thread, but I think it's interesting that the HFEC President pointed out how successful lodging has been at DW: https://blooloop.com/features/jane-cooper-herschend-family-entertainment/

Still wondering when that is headed our way. Dreammore has been around for 3 years now and SDC has it's new coaster. Seems like the time is right to look outside the park for expansion before they throw more money at rides. I'm sure it's been discussed extensively in a boardroom somewhere.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 17, 2018, 10:59:02 PM »
I think a good place for the SDC resort would be where the employee parking lot is near TNT.  It could be incorporated intk an all new entrance area.  The offices housed above the ticket booths and OMP could be built into a subterrain level of the new resort along with a parking garage for resort guests and those employees
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 08, 2018, 09:56:28 PM »
Revisiting my post above and to combine some thoughts I posted from the 2020 thread:

IF SDC were to invest in a Mack or B&M Hyper/Giga terrain coaster on their next big project, this coaster is a good example on how they could thoughtfully lay it out using the trees and terrain they have past WF/PK along the railway and/or towards the parking lot.

After finally getting out east to experience Fury 325 a couple months ago at Carowinds I would love to see SDC get one at some point.

https://rcdb.com/531.htm

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 04:13:05 AM by sdcfan88 »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 18, 2018, 07:55:06 AM »
IF SDC were to invest in a Mack or B&M Hyper/Giga terrain coaster on their next big project, this coaster is a good example on how they could thoughtfully lay it out using the trees and terrain they have past WF/PK along the railway and/or towards the parking lot.

I have always wondered why SDC doesn't do a coaster like this in the woods.  If it carefully placed they could them it to a story such as some "creature" it could be a lot of fun to "run" from bigfoot with audible noises from behind.

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 21, 2019, 05:58:39 PM »
Revisiting my post above and to combine some thoughts I posted from the 2020 thread:

After finally getting out east to experience Fury 325 a couple months ago at Carowinds I would love to see SDC get one at some point.

I've always thought it could be so cool if they added something like this that went along the train tracks or just in that general area! And imagine that night ride!!!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #296 on: August 21, 2019, 07:48:22 PM »

I've always thought it could be so cool if they added something like this that went along the train tracks or just in that general area! And imagine that night ride!!!

If they ever did that, though, kiss the train robbery goodbye.  As it is now the noise from Outlaw Run and Powder Keg can overwhelm it a little, and the Christmas Tree would over power grandpa sometimes.  If they put a coaster that actually really went out that way, then it would completely drown out the robbery, making it kind of pointless.

But then I have a feeling at some point in the next several to 10 to 15 years that the robbery will be going away anyways.  Just a hunch on my part
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 08, 2019, 08:35:03 PM »
Found a video of another coaster I really liked the layout on that would fit well at the park. A B&M wing called Falcon at Wuxi Sunac Land, China. I really liked the way they did the first drop here with the slow roll. The pass thru elements and general layout is quite nice too. This would be another coaster type that would do very well if they kept it close to the treeline and terrain out in the woods past Wildfire or Outlaw. Though if they ever did build one like this, I would really hope Hershend won't cheap out by not installing some kind of artificial structure or tunnel for it to pass thru. It would really add to the ride experience to include one.
https://rcdb.com/12413.htm

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFrbUzT7srk&t=38s
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 10:30:22 PM by sdcfan88 »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 01, 2020, 11:35:37 PM »
Check out the Rocking Boat concept in the video below. I wonder if and when they do take out Flooded Mine or American Plunge if that might be a replacement option they may go with.

https://youtu.be/q0mxL527Eug?t=35
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 01:51:52 PM by sdcfan88 »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 05, 2020, 11:50:51 AM »
Omg, that Rocking Boat ride looks AMAZING!!! It would be perfect for a new version of Flooded Mine (I don't know about it replacing American Plunge, 'cause I can't tell from that video if they can do tall drops, which is the main feature for AP).