Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 92788 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1860 on: May 18, 2018, 03:58:40 PM »
I'm not sure why it wasn't left as a sandwich shop... perhaps there was something wrong with the building.

I'm also not sure why they suddenly needed to do demo right now, with the park about to kick into high gear for summer season. Roof collapse or a code violation? 

I'll bet they leave it as open space though. Gotta fit more people in for the Christmas spectacle...

I miss the original sandwhich shop, fresh sandwhiches, quick service good stuff..   then they started premaking them ???.  not so good.  closed it shortly after that..

As far as demo, as small as that building is, they should have been able to knock it down and clean it up in a couple of days..  then asphalt/concrete another day... Done!!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: May 18, 2018, 09:42:31 PM »
No! Just no! Or, wait until I can get there and walk out with the sign.  ;D

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: May 19, 2018, 09:27:40 AM »
Yeah hopefully they keep the sign and put it somewhere. Its a work of art.
Miss the old signs. Generic computer ones on all the new stuff is so cheap and putrid.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

sdcfan88

• Cave Guide
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: May 19, 2018, 09:59:24 AM »
My dad did the artwork in that shop back in the 60's. Sad to see it go. Hope they saved some of it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: May 19, 2018, 11:13:10 AM »
My dad did the artwork in that shop back in the 60's. Sad to see it go. Hope they saved some of it.

I wouldn’t hold my breath
SWOOSH

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: May 19, 2018, 08:32:23 PM »
Guess we are blind -- walked up and down the corkscrew Thursday afternoon, Friday morning, and early Friday afternoon -- went to Sullivan's Mill and to Hannah's and never saw the fence or destruction going on....

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: May 19, 2018, 10:00:40 PM »
Guess we are blind -- walked up and down the corkscrew Thursday afternoon, Friday morning, and early Friday afternoon -- went to Sullivan's Mill and to Hannah's and never saw the fence or destruction going on....

Well in your defense the work is much farther west then where you were in Midtown.  In fact one could probably have walked down Hill Street and missed it.  Hence why Big Jacks went out of business in the first place.  It was hid
SWOOSH