Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175043 times)

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2017, 05:06:36 AM »
These buy one get one free tickets at Kum and Go......these at kum and go in Oklahoma City area?

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2017, 09:02:06 AM »
I would love to see another coaster in the nightmare mine building. Wish they never took that out.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2017, 09:52:41 AM »
These buy one get one free tickets at Kum and Go......these at kum and go in Oklahoma City area?

I got some in Locust Grove. Frontier City is in....what city??

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2017, 08:59:45 PM »
Thinking about going to Frontier City in July. I will be staying overnight and attending the park all day. Wondering if a person needs one or two days to fully experience the park. Also like to know if there is any special deals out there. I seen where some hotels offered a package deal that included tickets to the park.....seemed like a good deal. Figure I would check on this site before I booked the trip......will also be going to Six Flags over Texas July 13-16 and will be at Frontier City July 16-17. Thanks in advance for your help.

One day is probably enough.  It's not SDC.  Be ready to face crowds of teens, and check to see if there are any company parties in the park on the day(s) of your visit.

Frontier City is a small park that packs a lot in a small area.  Besides the rides they have a pretty decent water play area with a new speed slide complex attraction called Gully Washer.  If you have kids they have a nice themed kids area with a fair amount of decent rides. The small building in the kids are the original buildings used at the fairgrounds where the park began.  Also  The kids area has a petting zoo where you can pet farm animals.   The shows have all been revamped  they have 4 shows in the Two John Saloons The original saloon show, Then Showbiz Shenanigans which ties into the following gun show on the other side of the park at Crack Axle Canyon.  The last two shows is the Flea Circus and the Magic Show.   They also have two complete main Magic shows that play twice daily.  Then you have the longest running gun fight show in a themepark taking place in Crack Axle Canyon.  With all kinds of live action special effects.  There is twice daily a little kids show called Make Believe Circus.  My favorite show is Shake Rattle and Roll The show is phenomenal the production is up there  with shows at SDC and Fiesta Texas.  I believe SR&R will win awards this season. Excellent show.  Plus the rides the park has some pretty rare classics  Silver Bullet Schwarzkopf  designed coaster only one with the pop of air towards the end before you enter the tunnel.  Diamond Back a rare Arrow Shuttle coaster only 3 left running in the world.  The staff is pretty good for the most part some days you can go to the park they will WOW you then somedays you get that six flags type staff.  For a small park it has to be the best small park in the United States. 

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2017, 09:04:54 PM »

Frontier City is located in NE Oklahoma City just south of Edmond,OK 

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2017, 08:51:18 AM »

Exactly. You didnt get it.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2017, 11:54:46 AM »

Exactly. You didnt get it.

No, but he tried to be helpful to those that don't know. So...mind your manners.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2017, 09:59:39 AM »
He asked if Kum&Go had coupons in OKC. I said I got them in Locust Grove and I didnt expect to because it is far away. Sheeeesh!

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »
Frontier City anounced on Friday that they are expanding their season in 2018 with "A Frontier Christmas" They have a large display set up in Fort Frontier.  I'm sure this is one of the many things they will add next year.  2018 is the parks 60th anniversary.  The park has a new owner EPR out of Kansas City the company that owns Schlitterbahn resorts and Top Golf.  Having the Christmas event next season is great news.  Here is some photos I took at Fright Fest last night of the Display.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #159 on: October 21, 2017, 10:05:05 PM »
And the transformation of FC into SDC-lite continues, lol. I'm just wondering when they'll roll out their own craft festival.

It's a good idea though, and I'm glad to see the park continue to make smart moves. I just hope this isn't the only thing they are working on for next year... seems like this might have been their big announcement for the year. As nice as FC is, it needs something new and big for me to really be interested in it again.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »
Hey a crafts festival.........that might really work. I've always associated them with the Fall though with Fin and Feather, SDC, War Eagle....I wonder if a spring or summer one would go over well? I'm surprised it has taken Frontier City this long to do the Christmas thing. Especially with all the Christmas attractions that do well in Oklahoma.

With regard to attractions, I think if they would just do one of those family type coasters like that is being placed in the Fun Spots, etc. they would get me to make a trip several times a year. I've been to SDC four times so far, but haven't made a stop at Frontier City yet and I drive by it at least once a week.

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2017, 02:16:54 PM »
So it seems there's a possibility that FC could announce a new ride on Monday since they are pushing a season pass sale that day. They did the same thing for Magic Springs yesterday when they announced the new drop tower.

I wouldn't be surprised if FC gets a drop tower as well. Probably lets them get a discount for multiple orders and it wouldn't be hard to fit it into Wildcat's infield. That would make me happy enough. Just as long as it isn't another water park addition for FC's mini water park. I wonder how many people actually bothered changing into swimsuits to ride the new slides this year.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2017, 05:55:03 PM »
What happened to the other drop tower
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2017, 05:59:25 PM »
Frontier City is my home park the water park area of the park actually seemed a lot more busier this summer.  There was days that it seemed to be busier then the park during the weekdays.  I"m with you I rather see a drop tower like the one Magic Springs instead of adding water attractions to the water park.  I'm curious to see when they are going to announce and what they are going to announce.  I messaged the park hoping I get more of a reply then "Stay Tuned". 

The other drop tower they had actually was old enough that it had to be removed from the park the manufacturer no longer made parts for the ride.  That was removed after the 2013 season and in 2014 the park fell into a heck of deal with Larson on Flyers.  The OKC zoo could not at the time add them to the zoo the ride was sitting in OKC and has not been paid for Larson asked Frontier City if they wanted to buy the ride was already sitting in OKC.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2018, 08:36:27 AM »
Sounds like Silver Bullet is getting a new train or at least some new parts off the old Greezed' Lightning train. Too bad that coaster is basically confirmed toast now. I really though SB's days were numbered after getting stuck two or three times in one summer and making national news. Granted, it wasn't a big deal, but the PR was nasty. Maybe this will at least fix the issue that was making it get stuck.