Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175073 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #375 on: April 26, 2021, 03:59:58 PM »
Aw, that's lame. I wasn't super excited about RMC trains in general, but I thought it could be a sign of things to come.

And just to start another rumor, SFDK is officially dropping the Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster. Popular assumption is that it will be scrapped, but I could see them sending it back to Skyline to be retooled somehow and recycling it. Skyline still advertises the model on their website, so unless they are abandoning the model, they should still be on the hook for providing SF with a useable ride. Since this was essentially the prototype, I could see them giving it an overhaul and a relocation as a "new" ride.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #376 on: April 26, 2021, 10:10:36 PM »
Aw, that's lame. I wasn't super excited about RMC trains in general, but I thought it could be a sign of things to come.

And just to start another rumor, SFDK is officially dropping the Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster. Popular assumption is that it will be scrapped, but I could see them sending it back to Skyline to be retooled somehow and recycling it. Skyline still advertises the model on their website, so unless they are abandoning the model, they should still be on the hook for providing SF with a useable ride. Since this was essentially the prototype, I could see them giving it an overhaul and a relocation as a "new" ride.

I wouldn’t wish it on anyone
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #378 on: May 11, 2021, 08:30:11 AM »
That incident is ridiculous. She was trying to leave, and that "officer" had no right to demand her ID. She wasn't even an actual police officer apparently, so I'm not sure how she can legally wear that uniform or make these demands.

The shorts aren't too bad, and it is wild that they would even care about this considering they have a freaking WATER PARK on the property where people run around in swim suits!

Just a dumb, dumb, dumb situation. I feel less inclined to visit FC than I already did after seeing this.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 12, 2021, 12:23:50 AM »
There is more then one side to the story. This started when the womans child was skating in the park using her Heelies. A Security officer asked the child to stop and the mother became defensive because security didn't address her about her child. She gave the security officer attitude for not addressing the issue with her. SOme how the security guard took attention to her shorts being to short. She walked away telling security she doesn't do well talking with the police. The security guard asked that she buy more covering shorts per the parks dress code. The parks only dress code no offensive prints or visible offensive tattoos.   She decided to leave the park and wanted to get a refund.  I saw on Tik Tok her shorts if she bent over it would reveal just about her whole butt.  I've seen some pretty offensive things at the park so why the officer stressing a dress code.  I don't know a park security manager  You can hear in the video the park security manager tellling her "this is not about your shorts".  The incident continued to esculate you can see in the video a park manager talking to her. The officer is a actual officer with the County Sheriffs department. The park has 3 county sheriff officers at the park. Two walking the park one of them is a K-9 officer drug sniffing dog  The other one is stationed at the front gate.  There is a outside security company as well as the parks own security team. Who does the entry screenings and walk the park.  The outside secuirty company have been stationed this season at the popular ride queue lines.  (That includes All the Coasters, Log Ride, Gunslinger/Renegade Rapids and Brain Drain).  The officer in the video is one of the county Sheriff officers. They are actually off duty and sub contracted by the park on the weekends that is why they are in a grey polo shirt.  The police car at the front of the park has Oklahoma County Sheriff. So the OKC PD is not associated with this incident.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 16, 2023, 08:02:23 AM »
As my post from 2 years ago Frontier City and Six Flags is still going gang buster improving the overall property. The past two years more immersion into the parks overall old western town theme. They been cleaning up the property improving rides as well as upgrades. The park is the cleanest and well kept as I have ever seen this park. Besides the coasters needing some cosmetic improvements. Which I’m sure on the list to be done in the near future. The last two seasons and this season the focus has been put on the flat ride attractions. This doesn’t The Dodgems and Brain Drain both were nicely rethemed, also Sidewinder received a very attractive new ride entry sign. The Mystery River log flume got a impressive re theme with a interactive elements in the  queue line and the tunnel sections have new scenes and in one of the scenes there is a hologram bird. The main restroom in Ft Frontier was gutted and remodeled looks very nice. More of the buildings have been rebuilt with new fresh facades. The money being spent into the park has been impressive. They also built two new large buildings one is a central warehouse the other building is a expanded maintenance both in the former go cart track area. They are doing work to the nightmare building so it looks like they are keeping the building. I did ask it’s going to continue as haunted houses during Fright Fest. The facade work being done was to address safety concerns to the queue area below. This has been the most work I’ve seen at this park they are doing this to set up for the future. With the addition of all the maintenance facility I have a feeling the park will see a new attraction next season.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #381 on: April 16, 2023, 08:22:50 PM »
Yup, I went out earlier this year to get my passes and the park does indeed look better than ever. Gunslinger was even open for a minute before closing down again as usual. Wildcat was riding better than ever, but I do miss the tree canopy that made it a legitimately neat ride.

I don't know how many years they can go on with random little improvements to rides that are so old and tired though. They need something new desperately. A used carnival ride would be nice at this point. Unfortunately, with the current CEO, it's unlikely much is coming. I really think the park was primed for something big before covid hit. 2021 was going to be our year.

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 24, 2023, 07:16:05 PM »
I agree Shave.  They used to have some pretty good concerts there as well.  Can't find one scheduled for this year!