Author Topic: SDC Facebook Page  (Read 2445 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
SDC Facebook Page
« on: July 29, 2010, 02:21:58 PM »
On another thread, there was talk about some things that popped up on the SDC Facebook page. I'd remarked how if someone didn't mention that on SDCFans.com, I'd have never known about it because I only check the SDC Facebook page once in a great while. So, if you run across an interesting comment, and unusual posting, something new in the way of photos, offers, or so on...why not tell  your friends here about it?

Recently the Burl Ives' America TV special from 1978 was posted on SDC Facebook, then, after a short while, it was taken off. I missed it, and I hate that that was the case. Luckily, the Burl Ives program can be found elswhere. I think under our SDC History category, under the diving bell photos thread, the Buril Ives link is found.

Anyway, keep your eyes on SDC Facebook, and if you see anything good or different there, please post here and let the rest of us know!     THANKS! :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Facebook Page
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 07:32:03 PM »
Thanks for starting this thread, Junior.  To answer your question from the other thread yes the quality of the Burl Ives video on the vimeo.com site is the same as it was on the SDC site.  Not great but not bad.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 07:49:44 AM »
That video comes initially from our friend here at SDCFans.com  Noel Green...he is the only guy to have played Rube Dugan in the flesh on park at Geyser Gulch in the 2000 season. Noel has a great love for the park, I may have actually taken him and his family on a diving bell run when he was a kid. If I remember the story correctly, Noel got a copy of the video from a friend who taped it off TV in 1978. I know higher quality copies exist out there, and I hope SDC finds a copy on a dusty shelf somewhere, gets copyright permission, and puts it out...I will be the first in line to buy a copy when it gets put on a DVD!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 04:28:44 PM »
I sure hope SDC is reading and taking into consideration the comments made on the various wall posts on the SDC page. While it's great to read this forum (as we know they do), it's a good idea to be taking into account the comments from not-as-"obsessed" people like those on FB. Read the comments on this newer post, for example:

http://www.facebook.com/Silverdollarcity#!/posted.php?id=7656242602&share_id=142121325816729&comments=1#s142121325816729

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 05:38:56 PM »
Brutal!

I like to think our forum is a little more civil...and willing to make criticism while offering solutions, rather than just insults.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating