Author Topic: Home defense shotgun advice?  (Read 2228 times)

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
Home defense shotgun advice?
« on: July 17, 2010, 12:15:17 PM »
Now not that I EVER want to shoot anybody in self defense, but in these times of extreme crime and daily home invasions, I find it wise to invest in some defensive firearms. I am not a gun nut, but I do own a few. Mostly world war two rifles and a 9mm pistol. I was thinking of a short, home defense 12 gauge. I'd love to find a used Remington 870, but those are hard to find and a bit more expensive than my budget will allow right now. Academy Sports has a Harrington and Richards (H&R) home defense 12 gauge 5 round, 18 " barrel pump action for $189.00 brand new. I was wondering if anyone has had one, or had an opinion on it. The price is certainly right, but I wonder about the quality, and whether or not the gun has a tendency to jam. I've read some good things about it, but thought I'd run it past you good people. Again, I NEVER want to have to fire a weapon at another human being, but if someone kicks your front door in, they are probably not coming in to play checkers. Hope everyone's having a great day.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:15:59 PM by Tony from Tulsa »
No matter where you go, there you are.

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Home defense shotgun advice?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »
I don't have any personal knowledge of the gun in question, but I do know this...the sound of a 12 guage shotgun ratcheting is kind of like a rattlesnake's rattle.  Just that sound should be enough to send even the most hardened criminal running for his life. 
In His grip!

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
Re: Home defense shotgun advice?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 12:38:18 PM »
My thoughts exactly, Pastor.
No matter where you go, there you are.