Author Topic: Our trip cancel'd  (Read 3466 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Our trip cancel'd
« on: July 08, 2010, 08:42:47 PM »
Well, i wasnt gunna say anything about this, but....
I went to my Dr. Wednesday & found out i got afew health problems that have arose. We decided not to go cuz we need to save the $$$$ for more tests to be run on me. Plus 2 of our vehicles need to be tagged.
We're just having a heck of a time gettin' to SDC this year, we WILL make it atleast 1-2 times. Right now my health is more important than pleasure. I was looking forward to taping some stuff, getting it on YouTube & lettin' ya all check it out. But, thats the way it goes..
We are think'n about goin' when they are open later in the day, like maybe July 25th, we like to go on Sundays cuz they aint so busy. Aint never been there in the dark! When we finally do get to go, you all will be the 1st to know!! ;) I'm takin' pen & paper so i dont forget what we did. ::)
Live life like it's the last day!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Our trip cancel'd
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 08:59:34 PM »
Its rainy right now anyway and humid as it can be.  All things are for a reason.
I missed a trip earlier this year cause the Dr called me in for a semi emergency pacemaker installation.  Things were getting tough for me and walking in SDC was becoming a challenge, I couldn't make it up Hill street in 1 stretch, I am 41 and not overweight, I was embarrassed.  Last Friday I went to Branson on business and dropped in to the city for a cpl hours alone.  I was so happy to find I could navigate and walk without losing all my strength.  I don't ususally talk about this issue but I thought I might give you a word of encouragement.  You may go to the city later this month and even be better after going to the Dr.
All things are for a reason.
You will get there this year again soon.
Best of Luck

maddilives4him

• Hatfield
  • Perserving the past!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 09:00:09 PM »
So your not the only one, huh? Me and my family go to Branson for a week every 4th of July, but this year it had to be cancelled. My dad owns a local food business and were relocating. It's finally reopening sometime this week but, I am rather dissapointed that for the first time we've had to cancel our SDC trip. :'( But on the bright side, I get to go again on labor day weekend! ;D
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example to others in your speech, love, life, faithfulness, and purity."
                           - 1 Timothy 4:12

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 09:25:39 PM »
How-do and mhguy, Y'all get to doing better! And for what its worth, I'm 42 and have a heck of a time getting around sometimes too. We are going back probably sometime in October? I'd like to see it when the leaves are turning. Maddie, you'll get there soon too. The wait makes it even better! Blessings to all.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 06:15:46 AM »
My best to you all suffering from the "I can't get to SDC blues." Some of you may remember I tried to get to the park anniversary weekend but fell and broke an ankle...I've recovered enough to return to work and get back to normal around home, but still have not been able to make the trip to SDC. I'll try real hard to get their before the end of the season, I'll just have to wait and see what God has in store for me!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 06:20:25 AM »
It seems we all have burdens to share and we are not alone.

Myself the financial burden of getting two girls ready for the 6th grade and all the examinations needed - health, dental and vision all have to be done by next month.

I am a single mom and I make too much for assistance and I am definitely not rich so I just fall in the middle.  The girls have health insurance but no dental and the exams are $125 times 2.

So my trip has been delayed too. 

May the good Lord bless all of you with your needs - I know I depend on him!

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 09:41:01 AM »
My heart goes out to all you guys and gals!!  I have been chomping at the bit to go, but other things have taken priority.  But not like you folks.  May God grant you patience and renewed health, financial capability, and joy in the interim. 
Vote to end 2020!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 11:01:42 AM »
Know that you are not alone. Not only am I a dealing with these same issues and I am right there with you, but God is with us, and he has a plan for us...even though we don't know why. I have asked him "why" several times, and the only answer I have gotten is "because". And that is good enough for now. Fiath will get us through.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 09:03:22 PM »
Wow! I never exspected this topic to end up like this. Thank You All for the kind words & encouragement, it means alot. I have kinda been bummed out the last couple days cuz i cant go, ( but more freaked out cuz of this health scare ) but after reading ya'r all's posts makes me feel better. Dont get me wrong, i feel for ALL OF YA that cant go either. Life just throws us curveballs once in awhile. I appriciate everyones honesty because i really didnt wanna start a topic about this, but you all have made me feel very welcome on this site & i feel comfortable talking about things like this, even tho' its thru a plastic keyboard & screen. My woman says i am very good at writting what i wanna say as long as my mind keeps up. Anyways....

I have prayed to Mr. Lord about my health also. I am 45 years old & a casual cigarette smoker, but besides 1 kidney stone back in the early 90's, i am other wise very healty.

I dont know what else to say... I guess i'll go & build a fire, relax with my great Indian woman & enjoy the cool air outside. We are going to Worlds of Fun Sat. night with a friend & his kids, aint been in 5 years. But you know i'll be think'n of City!!

Thanks Again Everybody!! ;) 
Live life like it's the last day!