Author Topic: Butterfly Palace  (Read 3346 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Butterfly Palace
« on: July 05, 2010, 07:52:59 AM »
Anyone ever been?

We have never been to this place yet & was wondering what it may be like. We are heading to Branson ( & SDC ofcourse.. ) this weekend, & the forecast looks like it calls for a umbrella. So we're trying to find other things to check out. Any ideas?

Dont mention shows, we dont do those yet.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:55:03 AM by How-doFolks »
Live life like it's the last day!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Butterfly Palace
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 08:06:36 AM »
Butterfly Palace is owned by Bruce Herschend's wife. Bruce is Jack's son. Heard from family members it's fun. For music shows old school style...check out Presley's or Baldknobbers. I understand Jim Stafford is funny, so is Yakoff. Dixie Stampede is worth a visit...so is Showboat Branson Belle
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 08:19:35 AM »
Hey How-Do,
We just got back last week and had a great time. We didn't go to the butterfly palace, but saw the commercials for it on the hotel tv. It looks pretty cool. I'd recommend going to Branson Landing for a while. It's free to browse around, they have a water fountain show and a great candy emporium. We took the paddleboat cruise at Branson landing (about $20 per person, but worth it). You'll see bald eagles along the river, and it's a very relaxing time. Have a good trip!
No matter where you go, there you are.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 11:48:35 AM »
Been to the Landing for the fountain show & shoppin'.
Not much into the shows tho'. Guess we'r gunna have to hit some'a the backroads.
Paddleboat cruise sounds cool. How long does it last & where ya sign up for it?

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 12:53:11 PM »
Yeah, I'm not much for the shows either. The paddleboat is actually fun and relaxing. If I remember correctly, they are to the left around the corner from the "Harley Shop" down on the docks at the landing down on the river. On the right there is a "River Cruise" office where you buy your tickets. Basically straight down the center from the main entrance to the landing. It lasts about an hour and a half, meandering along the river. The cap'n was very cool, knew when to talk and give the tour, and knew when to shut up for a while, ha ha! It was a good time. It was worth it just to unwind and see bald eagles along the river. Beware: they take your picture as you board and try to sell you the ol' picture pack toward the end of the cruise. Its like twenty dollars. We also spent some time in the old part of downtown at "Dick's 5 and 10". Its neat, but it was crowded and I'm a little too claustrophobic for that. There are a couple of cool miniature golf courses in town that are fun too, you know. Do not have breakfast at Peppercorn's buffet. It was just a tad bit nasty, though the price was right, the nasty wasn't quite worth it. Cracker Barrel, my friend,....Cracker Barrel.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 02:06:42 PM »
Thanks for the info on the paddleboat ride, we'll have to look into that.
Been to the 5 & 10, its a normal stop for us too. Miniature golf might be a deal, aint play'd that in a long while. Breakfast we got figured out, Michaels Diner in Branson West.

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 02:25:24 PM »
Michael's Diner, huh? I'll try that next time. :)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 04:48:42 PM »
Oh, I'm getting sooooo old. Dick's 5 & 10 was a place our family did regular shopping in the late 70's. I remember getting school supplies there. It was not a tourist place back then. Just a store in a little town. every town used to have at least one place like that. Shucks, when I was growing up in a town of about 5000 people in southeast Missouri in the early to mid '70's, that town had four places like Dick's. Now everyone usually goes to Wal-Mart.  :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 05:53:42 PM »
^ Yep, tons of places like that growing up as a kid in the Ozarks.  Don't get me wrong, I can't pass up a visit to Branson without going in, but find it funny how people that go in there view it as if it was staged just for them to represent what old times were like....when in actuality, it IS like that!  LOL
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!