Author Topic: Ever Get Sick?  (Read 6536 times)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Ever Get Sick?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 06:59:25 PM »
I never get sick on rides. But there is one ride at SDC that has brought me to the brink: the Regatta. I seriously cannot stomach that ride. I've ridden it twice, and it had the same nauseating effect on me.

Oh, I agree!  I will never ride that again.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 12:37:23 AM »
Oh please don't mention that ride  :-X I forgot that one

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 03:13:48 PM »
I can take the frogs HB as long as it is only once.  But occassionally we are "lucky" enough to ride twice.  And the Wings of Wonder make me want to puke too. 

Rube-I have wondered about that.  Both of my little ones require dramamine for car rides.  And it hit both of them at about 20mos. 
However once we get out of the car my 3 year old daughter can head straight to the tea cups and spin them as fast as she can without batting an eye!
Anyone ever been on Mission to Mars at Epcot.  That was the most miserable ride of my life.  It was literally all I could do to keep it down. 

I have since struggled through a lot of urges to puke to keep the kids happy.
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

maddilives4him

• Hatfield
  • Perserving the past!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 05:22:11 PM »
Of all the millions of years (probably even more than that lol!) that I have vistied SDC I have been Fortunet enough that I have never gotten sick. I think I almost got to my breaking point on the teacups though. 
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example to others in your speech, love, life, faithfulness, and purity."
                           - 1 Timothy 4:12

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 08:44:08 PM »
^^The Mission to Mars ride is very intense, although I didn't even feel sick, I really do understand why some people do. People have actually died on that thing it is so intense.

Back on topic: the only ride at SDC that even makes me feel a little queasy is the teacups. I've only rode them once but it was enough for me.  :)
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »
I can take anything but shooting straight up.  Stand me on my head, flip me over a dozen times, fire me straight down...just dont shoot me straight up in the air.  When it's all said and done, just sponge me up.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 11:06:47 PM »
I actually stepped off Mission to Mars with great disappointment - first that we weren't on Mars and they never brought us down to earth, but mainly because I really didn't get the effect I was expecting.  We even opted for the more intense line.  Maybe it was because it was so enclosed, I don't know, or maybe it was that we were the oldest people in the line and they dialed it down for fear we stupidly ignored all the warnings.  I don't know, I just thought it was way overblown.

^^Now, as far as I know there was only one death on that ride, and it was a boy who had a previous condition and should not have been on the ride in the first place.

How about the Mighty Galleon?  That one get anybody?  I think it's much worse that the Giant Swing in the sickness category.  Not to mention I nearly lost my little brother on the one at SF Texas when it was new and the safety bar did not latch.  I saved him from flying out by reaching out and grabbing him by the belt to pull him back to the seat - then we held on for dear life, too much adrenaline pumping to even thinking about getting sick that time.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 01:17:28 PM »
The Raceing Regattas kill me.  I have to ride them with my girls though. Then I have to sit down and rest.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey