Author Topic: Culinary School Ideas  (Read 6904 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Culinary School Ideas
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 07:37:50 PM »
^Yeah, it's been discussed in this thread numerous times.
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Culinary School Ideas
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 11:17:58 AM »
Back to the CC School, Here is the latest info. on the classes to be offered this Summer.
 I have a fascination with canning lately, and I wouldn't mind seeing what the canning process here entails. The others, I could leave be...

Culinary of the Sixties - The changes in our nation were reflected at the dinner table. Enjoy Kennedy-style entertaining and buffet ideas and Baby Boomer kid favorites!

Winning the War on Munchies - School's out and summer vacation can mean more time for munchies. Learn healthy snack choices for the whole family that are tasty, creative and fun!

The Quest to Cook for Less -Delicious meals don't have to be expensive. Begin with budget friendly meat and build side dishes that make for a mouthwatering meal!

Tropical Fun in the Ozarks - The sweet tastes of nature come alive as we mix some of the favorite fruits and emulsions of the tropics into breads, salsas and beverages.

The Colonial Breakfast - The Colonial American breakfast was far from the juice, eggs and bacon of today. Learn three favorite dishes from this early American fare.

Cool Summer Appetizers - From Gazpachos to Tapenade, get recipes for appetizers from around the world that are sure to keep you cool on summer afternoons!

The Flavor of Smoke - Learn the secrets to hot smoking, smoke-roasting, smoke-baking, cold smoking, and even the use of liquid smoke!

Summer Dinner Class - Join us Friday, June 11 at 4:45 pm for our Summer Dinner Class. Then enjoy a bird's-eye view of the Great American Country Nights show in Echo Hollow® Amphitheatre from the back porch of the Culinary & Craft School!

Canning 101 - This introductory class will demonstrate the entire canning process for homemade jam and a tomato salsa. You'll even get one sample jar to take home!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 01:42:52 PM by rubedugans »

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Culinary School Ideas
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »
It all sounds like a real snooze.  You can get the same thing on Food Network and it's free.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Culinary School Ideas
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 01:20:33 AM »
I hate being a "backseat mod" but let's try to keep this thread on track for discussion of just things dealing with the 2011 project.  Let's move (or even better yet split) all Culinary School discussion to another thread. 

Thanks
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Culinary School Ideas
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 02:33:36 AM »
Yeah, we're definitely getting off-topic. I'm not entirely sure how to go about splitting something into a new topic, so I'll let Steve take care of it next time he's on. I do think there seems to be enough interest to warrant a separate topic for the Culinary School.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Culinary School Ideas
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 12:32:09 PM »
Thanks.  I was going to split it, but hadn't really had the time in the last two weeks.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 03:36:56 PM »
I'm a foodie. I love watching cooking shows, reading about cooking, dreaming up my own creations, and enjoying a big meal.

But, even I don't get the attraction of the school. Maybe it's for people who think they get "authentic home cooking" at Cracker Barrel.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 05:00:04 PM »
My guess is the park was attempting to profit from the success of food network and other similar programs. I really don't have any personal interest in doing anything at the location, except pass it by.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 10:05:34 PM »
Keep in mind, the full name is the Culinary AND Arts School.  When do people get to learn some of the arts?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 01:02:03 AM »
^Precisely my question HB!  My wife likes to cook, but I think she'd much rather take a class on basket making or quilting.  When are they going to start the "craft" part of the "Culinary and Craft School"?  ???
In His grip!