Author Topic: Collector's Booklet!  (Read 3720 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Collector's Booklet!
« on: April 28, 2010, 07:05:13 PM »
According to the newest Pathfinder (http://hfeimages.aristotle.net/General/April%2030-May%201%20pathfinder.pdf), the SDC 50th Anniversary Collector's Booklet will be available for $1 (proceeds go to charity for kids) at the noon event at Echo Hollow!

slow_walker

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Rosey's Ramblings
Re: Collector's Booklet!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:26:21 PM »
Any news on this? Did anyone get a book? I'm just wondering if it's a new book and where I can get one.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:08:47 PM »
Yeah, they were hawking them left and right on Saturday. By the end of the day, they still had stacks of them available; there was a stack on the counter of the General Store, in fact.

So I'm imagining that if they have a good number left over, they'll likely sell them until they're gone.

It's only $1 and that entire dollar goes to charity, so it's a nice buy.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 11:21:06 PM »
Here's a couple pics of the program, I still have over 500 pics to add to the 50th album....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30708145@N02/sets/72157623858963653/
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

slow_walker

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Rosey's Ramblings
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 11:52:55 PM »
Oh man, I won't be able to get back down there for another 2 weeks or so. I sure hope they have books left. Anyone want to volunteer to pick one up for me? You know, if anyone's going to be going down there in the next few days. I would gladly send money for postage or meet anyone in the Springfield area.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 07:38:22 AM »
Thanks for the pictures, Tinmann!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 07:44:23 AM »
Look under the SDC Keepsake Book-adavanced order now thread a few lines down from this, and click on it. the Springfield News Leader Newspaper is offering a hard cover coffee table book for $25 with postage and handling. Check it out.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

slow_walker

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Rosey's Ramblings
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 10:13:51 AM »
I ordered that one yesterday, but it's not the same as the one being talked about in this thread, right? I'd love to have both.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 10:33:48 AM »
Yeah, I got my pre-order in the day I discovered it.

No, this booklet is different. The $1 booklet is just a few pages, large, and basically just has 50 facts about SDC, with some pics and stuff. It's quite nice, and since the money goes to charity, it's worth it.

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 11:08:31 AM »
I bought several of the 50 things books (more of a magazine really).  I was planning that as a way to give my little ones an SDC fix for when we havent been in a while.  Plus got some to put away. 
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 01:03:39 PM »
I saw it as something to read while waiting for the 50th celebration to begin. It was more of a program fro SDC's 50 years, it did not go into great depth if that is what you were wondering.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 01:13:05 PM »
I was able to have a booklet mailed to me. It really looked good! I also had a current "citizen" send an anniversary button. I'll put that away with my SDC keepsakes. I'm going to try to order the Springfield News Leader coffee table book about SDC. I submitted some diving bell and float trip photos to the project, and hope they will include them. RUBE, I'm still waiting to see your project, I know it will turn out well. My big project is on hold at this point. This broken ankle has forced me to set EVERYTHING aside for several more weeks. Boo Hoo! Again, I'd like to thank everyone for posting the anniversary photos. In reviewing the employee reunion shots again, I think I did see one of the former "Juniors" at the event. I think I spotted a picture of a grey headed, bearded Tony Wagner in one shot. Tony was right behind me in terms of his years of service at the diving bell...he comes in at #5, having worked at the attraction in 81-82-83-84.  :)