Author Topic: Celebration City Developments  (Read 128243 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration City Developments
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2011, 07:47:47 AM »
The paid parking structure...oh it's that three story concrete building with all the cars and trucks in it. (HA! Oh, I just had to post that!  ;))
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2011, 07:55:04 AM »
LOL.   I'm glad i could help start your day with a smile junior!.. :) :)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2011, 07:56:45 AM »
That was very "Police Squad" or "Naked Gun" of you there Junior!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2011, 11:59:53 AM »
Surely, you can't be serious .....

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2011, 12:07:14 PM »
I am serious, and please don't call me Shirley.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2011, 01:05:13 PM »
Over,unger. Unger over. Over dunn.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »
duh i had a brain fart there for awhile lol sorry had a bad day.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2011, 05:50:59 PM »
beat you by 7 minutes Rube  :P

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »
Getting back to CC,

Anyone driving by should glance over there and let us know if Accelerator ever goes missing. I feel like with attendance being the way it's been, the park might change their mind about not having a new ride for 2012 (if that was the case) and throw it in.

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2011, 01:26:12 PM »
Getting back to CC,

Anyone driving by should glance over there and let us know if Accelerator ever goes missing. I feel like with attendance being the way it's been, the park might change their mind about not having a new ride for 2012 (if that was the case) and throw it in.

I got back from Branson a couple weeks ago, and I could still see Accelerator peeking out of the trees. Although, that might of changed by now.

| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2011, 06:12:35 PM »
OK.OK.  which one is the accelerator?  I will check and take pics this weekend.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2011, 06:29:53 PM »
The Accelerator is the double shot tower.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:30:24 PM by rubedugans »

MagnoliaWhisper

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2011, 02:07:49 AM »
I haven't read the whole thread, but I must disagree with one of the first page posters. I too would like to see something to do after dark in Branson.

The year we had CC season passes. My husband and I had a hyper toddler and I was preggo. Along with we went with my family, which I have 17 siblings! We had been with them all day. At the end of the day my parents volunteered to keep our toddler for a few hours (we are all night time people), and we had been skiing, SDCing etc that day. But, still it was nice to get out of the cabin for a few hours. We went to CC and played mini golf, which was hilarious cause we ended up having to give up when we lost our last ball, they didn't have it lit well enough for after dark play! lol And our balls kept going in the bushes and such where we couldn't see at ALL! lol However, we had a great time, even though I was exhausted, and so was hubby. But, we were sooo happy to have something to do after dark for a couple of hours. I'm betting there's others like us that would like to just go some where with out the kids for a couple of hours, still wholesome though, and be together as a couple. That made CC perfect for us at the time. I'm sure there's other parents, who have older (old enough-not toddlers! lol) kids that they could legally and probably consciencly leave back at the cabin to watch TV or what not while they go do something by themselves, after being the whole day/week/year with the kids. lol Don't get me wrong we love our kids, and I'm a stay at home mom. But, again it was nice to have a couple of hours after dark to do something wholesome by ourselves. And with my siblings, (they are teens for the most part) they think staying at the cabin/hotel after dark is a REAL treat cause we don't have "tv" at home (we live in the country and my parents aren't paying for satelite just for tv) so they are always more then happy after a long day on the lake or at SDC to go back and just veg watching TV that they never get to watch except for on vacation. Meanwhile I find sitting in front of the boob tube totally boring and want to go DO something else! lol ;o) I would love to see Branson have some wholesome night life fun!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2011, 12:30:06 PM »
I haven't read the whole thread, but I must disagree with one of the first page posters. I too would like to see something to do after dark in Branson.

The year we had CC season passes. My husband and I had a hyper toddler and I was preggo. Along with we went with my family, which I have 17 siblings! We had been with them all day. At the end of the day my parents volunteered to keep our toddler for a few hours (we are all night time people), and we had been skiing, SDCing etc that day. But, still it was nice to get out of the cabin for a few hours. We went to CC and played mini golf, which was hilarious cause we ended up having to give up when we lost our last ball, they didn't have it lit well enough for after dark play! lol And our balls kept going in the bushes and such where we couldn't see at ALL! lol However, we had a great time, even though I was exhausted, and so was hubby. But, we were sooo happy to have something to do after dark for a couple of hours. I'm betting there's others like us that would like to just go some where with out the kids for a couple of hours, still wholesome though, and be together as a couple. That made CC perfect for us at the time. I'm sure there's other parents, who have older (old enough-not toddlers! lol) kids that they could legally and probably consciencly leave back at the cabin to watch TV or what not while they go do something by themselves, after being the whole day/week/year with the kids. lol Don't get me wrong we love our kids, and I'm a stay at home mom. But, again it was nice to have a couple of hours after dark to do something wholesome by ourselves. And with my siblings, (they are teens for the most part) they think staying at the cabin/hotel after dark is a REAL treat cause we don't have "tv" at home (we live in the country and my parents aren't paying for satelite just for tv) so they are always more then happy after a long day on the lake or at SDC to go back and just veg watching TV that they never get to watch except for on vacation. Meanwhile I find sitting in front of the boob tube totally boring and want to go DO something else! lol ;o) I would love to see Branson have some wholesome night life fun!

There are several mini golf places, 4 Track locations with go karts, bumper boats, arcades, etc. that are open well after dark. I've personally never found a shortage of things to with my kids after dark that are family friendly and most of these are a lot less than buying 6 tickets to CC was. Most of the shows have a 7 or 8pm show, and most of the other attractions are open until 10 or 11 pm or later. I really haven't found many places in Branson that aren't clean and family oriented.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »
There are several mini golf places, 4 Track locations with go karts, bumper boats, arcades, etc. that are open well after dark. I've personally never found a shortage of things to with my kids after dark that are family friendly and most of these are a lot less than buying 6 tickets to CC was. Most of the shows have a 7 or 8pm show, and most of the other attractions are open until 10 or 11 pm or later. I really haven't found many places in Branson that aren't clean and family oriented.

Bingo! You just nailed one of the reasons Celebration City didn't work. There are dozens of other great things to do "after dark" in Branson, and in some cases for much cheaper than at Celebration City.