Author Topic: Celebration City Developments  (Read 128328 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration City Developments
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »
Yeah, that's Monsoon.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2011, 11:18:41 AM »
I say put it in over at WW
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2011, 09:14:11 PM »
Got some recent photos from the park here: http://sdcfans.com/photos/feat/20

It's kind of a slap in the face driving by and seeing the ferris wheel gone. I know it was only there for less than a decade, but next to OzCat it made the park look really good.

The park is definitely becoming a bit overgrown in areas, but they're taking care of the stuff that matters, including OzCat.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2011, 11:56:01 PM »
I love the feature article, and photographs concerning the updates!

Wow, what a difference the Ferris wheel made! Despite the overgrown weeds here, and there, the park looks to be in decent shape. I think they should open a small side business featuring just the Ozark Wildcat. I’d pay a few dollars to ride it a couple of times. ;)

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2011, 02:03:34 PM »
I am kinda sad. I miss seeing that park lit up in beautiful lights at night. I miss going to that park with my cousins. I miss everything about that park. I'm crying on the inside right now...  I really hope they do something.. really.

http://www.coasterimage.com/pictures/cache/celebration-city-pictures/rides-attractions-pictures/accelerator-pictures/04.jpg_920.jpg
http://www.coasterimage.com/pictures/cache/celebration-city-pictures/park-photos/25.jpg_920.jpg

Just feel like posting my two favorite pictures of CC... but in a link sort of way...  :P We're never gonna forget you, Celebration City.  :'(
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:11:40 PM by Thunderbolter »
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2011, 02:37:23 PM »
welcome to the group Thunderbolter.

couple of great pics.!

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2011, 08:24:31 PM »
Haha, why thank you. Those aren't my pics though.  :P

i'd like Wild Adventures to come to Celebration City, but who knows what will happen. I don't like the idea of the aquariums and other facilities.. not as exciting as family-oriented theme parks.
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »
we also miss cc and its a shame they closed the park. we were only able to vist once but when we were they we loved it, just as much as sdc. would love too see it opened again some day but i dont think that will happen. i have noticed in the past couple of years that branson has alot of abandoned buildings? and resorts that have gone under. and the property goes unkept, that kinda gives branson a black eye. when i was a kid it seemed too me that everything was kept clean and neat. just my thoughts.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2011, 07:53:05 AM »
In the old days, prior to Ozark Mountain Christmas, the season ran from about mid-April through the end of October. Property owners and business developers had about five months to make improvements, clean, sweep, plant the flowers and trees, and get ready to welcome a new season of tourists. The majority of the businesses were family owned and operated. Since the late 80s/early 90s, the massive development has taken place, Branson was lost to mom and pop shops, and corporate America took over. The town, in my opinion, was OVERBUILT. It has been sad to see the empty buildings, the grown up acres in weeds, and the poorly ran and maintained places. Did the town really need four major shopping centers? Nope. Red Roof was the premere shopping destination at first. Now it's in sad shape. Empty shops. Tanger is doing well, probably due to it's visibility from the strip. Branson Meadows is toast. Branson Landing appears to be doing well, despite rumors the owners have had financial difficulties. The Grand Palace sits empty and rots. Celebration City, and many other attractions have seen better days. However, Branson always reinvents itself. It is time for a major overhaul, in my opinion.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2011, 11:16:46 AM »
I agree with you junior, big corperation have killed the mom & pop era and i miss it.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2011, 02:04:29 PM »
Like many other areas that have needed redevelopment, they must first offer incentives to those who do choose to settle, and open up shop there.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2011, 07:09:06 PM »
Did the town really need four major shopping centers? Nope. Red Roof was the premere shopping destination at first. Now it's in sad shape. Empty shops. Tanger is doing well, probably due to it's visibility from the strip. Branson Meadows is toast.
Tanger is one of the better management companies when it comes to outlet malls. If you took the good of Red Roof and put it in with VF outlet over at Branson Meadows you would have a decent center. Visability of the store fronts at Red Roof is the manin issue. You dee nothing but the backs of the stores. Tanger sends us coupons all the time and put coupons in the Sun. paper here in Fayetteville. I've seen things come and go at Tanger though, J Crew, Liz Claiborne, ect, ect, ect. Coleman's new home fits it out over by Branson Meadows but traffic worries me and there ain't nothing cheap about Colemans outlet prices just a hell of a selection. I can never find an easy parking spot at the landing even down on the Belk end. I miss the Bud Shop and the outdoors/cabin store though.

You want something that will bring women and their daughters, go heavily after an American Girl store. They are the bass pros of the doll world.

And you forgot the newer development up north where the bog box stores have set up shop.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2011, 07:11:46 PM »
American Girl store. They are the bass pros of the doll world.
HA :D :D :D So True!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2011, 08:13:04 PM »
"""And you forgot the newer development up north where the bog box stores have set up shop.""""

LOL!!! yes, Forget Them!!

As far as the landing area, I use the paid parking structure. it is in the middle of the area, and nearby.  And lets face it. If your shopping, eating, or riding on of the Boats on taneycomo, the 3-6 dollars to park wont break ya!

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2011, 08:42:21 PM »
I am not aware of the paid parking structure, where is that?