Author Topic: Celebration City Developments  (Read 128213 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration City Developments
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2011, 03:31:40 PM »
wow! shave!  maybe instead of GE, They should redo CC into that,  several rides and a expo area around the cement pond, and incooperate some water rides into the pond area and......?????

Hmmmmm?????

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2011, 10:01:19 PM »
Word is that pieces from the Thunderbolt are showing up at Darien Lake.

I need to update my map again, but at this point that just leaves OzCat, Accelerator, and Roaring Falls onsite that aren't being sold off, and the only rides left to sell are a couple of kiddie rides and the log flume.

At this point I'm actually hoping we'll see Accelerator show up at SDC in lieu of a major attraction for 2012 seeing as that's apparently out of the question at this point. With the way this season has been going, the park obviously will need something in the way of a new ride to get people through the gates next year, it would be fairly cheap, and they have a theming concept ready to go for it. Roaring Falls will end up at the park sooner or later as well.

I guess the only way OzCat will re-open again is if it's by itself as part of that mixed development idea we've been tossing around since the park closed, but I don't really see that happening with the slump the area is still going through. They definitely aren't keeping any other rides on the property past this year though, that's for sure.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2011, 11:05:44 PM »
Thanks for the updates shave!

I am okay with rehashed rides showing up at Silver Dollar City as long as they theme them accordingly. I would hate to see a ride thrown into the park just to fill the void of a “new ride.”

By design, Ozark Wildcat isn’t the best ride for mobility. Sure they could dissemble it, and then reassemble it somewhere else. However, that may, or may not be a jigsaw puzzle that they want to invest in at this point.

I hope to hear more updates soon.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2011, 05:09:14 PM »
It would cost less just to build a new wooden coaster then to disassemble it and then reassemble it... not to mention you'd more than likely have to reprofile it some to fit in whatever area you decide to place it.
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2011, 05:56:32 PM »
I could see them trying to put Roaring Falls in SDC. If AP is a good "chute the chutes" though, why put in a cheaper version? Would it not make better sense to sell that ride to someone else? Or is AP considered a "log ride" rather than a "chute" ride. I thought a log ride was a glorified "chute" ride? Maybe someone can clarify.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2011, 07:02:57 PM »
Roaring Falls has a lot higher capacity than AP (I assume), so it would be an improvement to the park's crowded water rides during the summer. A number of parks operate both log flumes and larger chutes like Roaring Falls at the same time. If nothing else, it's just another major 'new' ride that they don't have to go out and buy.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2011, 11:06:26 PM »
Worlds of Fun has Viking Voyager and Monsoon. So, I think both AP & Roaring Falls can co-exist just fine at SDC.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2011, 07:40:11 AM »
Interesting, we will see what happens!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2011, 09:23:27 AM »
Roaring Falls always seemed kinda bland for me (as far as aesthetics & theming). I would hope if they did move it to SDC they would make it look better.
IMO, I would rather see American Plunge fixed up first, before they bring in another water ride.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2011, 10:16:56 AM »
I rode Roaring Falls once and thought it was really boring. You stand in line to go up a hill, turn a corner, go down a hill. Then it's over. I honestly don't really care what happens to that ride. Sorry if I offend anyone.
But Ozark Wildcat is the BEST coaster I've ever been on! Me and my dad woulda spent all day riding that if my mom didn't have something to say about it.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2011, 11:04:46 AM »
I say sell Roaring Falls to another park, and give American Plunge the makeover of a lifetime.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2011, 11:21:18 AM »
^I agree completely Ozark! I don't really care if we get Roaring Falls or not, as long as it is themed properly. However, I have been wanting AP to get a much needed upgrade for a loooooooooooooooooong time, as have the rest of us.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2011, 07:05:19 PM »
Roaring Falls has a lot higher capacity than AP (I assume), so it would be an improvement to the park's crowded water rides during the summer. A number of parks operate both log flumes and larger chutes like Roaring Falls at the same time. If nothing else, it's just another major 'new' ride that they don't have to go out and buy.

Good point Shave. Whether or not RF is a "good ride" they could really use something else to take the strain off the other water rides. Even though I love LR, I rarely ride it due to the length of the lines. Same thing with AP. RB just doesn't do much for me.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »
So Roaring Falls is just like Monsoon, then, from that description of it. I'd say it's a good way to get uber-wet without waiting for a long time in line. With it being such a short ride, and the boats fitting a good number of people, it'd definitely help take the load off the other water rides.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2011, 07:46:39 PM »
So Roaring Falls is just like Monsoon, then, from that description of it. I'd say it's a good way to get uber-wet without waiting for a long time in line. With it being such a short ride, and the boats fitting a good number of people, it'd definitely help take the load off the other water rides.

IIRC, it's similar to the one at WOF(can't think of the name right now) over by the entrance to OOF and the 50's diner in Africa. There are several rows of seats each about 4 seats or so wide.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett