Author Topic: Celebration City Developments  (Read 127476 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Celebration City Developments
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2011, 07:37:06 PM »
I made this image today just for fun. It's just weird to imagine how little is left at the park when you look at how many rides are actually still on site and not up for sale. Basically the only things that seem to be being kept are the rides that are too big to move, ie: OzCat and the GoKarts, and a handfull that I'm sure they plan to eventually put into other parks, ie: Roaring Falls, Accelerator, and the Carousel. I don't know about some of the kid's rides. I'm pretty sure most of those were up for sale, but they're not listed on Rides4U anymore. They might have been sold already, but I don't have any confirmation of that.

So basically there's not much to keep them from leveling the place and starting over at this point. Too bad it'll be this empty or more for a while yet.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2011, 08:06:14 PM »
shave, nicely done.  the aerial view really puts it in perspective.

the whole area could easily be redone, or modify existing buildings and square footage.  Looks like the area is still very usable.

wish the PTB would make a decision...  Oh Yea!  And let us know what that decision is ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2011, 09:22:13 PM »
I say an aquarium...shopping...dining...maybe lodging, would all work well here. Plus, paint and grease some of the rides, retheme, and open up the gates!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Polley

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2011, 11:09:58 PM »
did a drive by today 5-16,  found gates unlocked, trash containers outside in parking lot. did not see any workers, but something "seems" to be going on.

I wouldn't read too much into it. They are probably just doing some routine upkeep.  I'm sure management isn't going let what's left of the park to just rot. It is in their best interest to maintain it to some degree.

Needless to say, if so much as a pin drops in or around the park, we sure take note.  ;D

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2011, 11:17:52 PM »
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH....The suspense is killing me...Please tell us what it going to happen with CC. It's like sticking a dagger in my heart everytime I drive by the park and see the OzCat and Go Carts sitting there...Don't know why the Go Carts bother me so much...they were always broke down or closed for some reason or other when I was there...but still
It was a beautiful park and I loved seeing the foiliage...It so sad to just see it sitting there not being used...
Colorado SDC Fan

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2011, 08:50:42 PM »
I say an aquarium...shopping...dining...maybe lodging, would all work well here. Plus, paint and grease some of the rides, retheme, and open up the gates!

With the reno at Wonders of Wildlife up in Springfield, I doubt you get your wish on the aqaurium. I can't figure out what retail beside gift shops you can put there the either not covered at Tanger or Branson Landing.

I can think of a few outlet type stores that could either come back or make a debut in Branson like Columbia, Woolrich, Mossy Oak, Off Fifth (Saks) relocate Nautica, Pendleton and Carters, ect, ect, ect. Maybe a Cabela's?

What I do know is that it makes me sick to see Oz Cat sitting idle. Being from Memphis, I loved the Zippin Pippin, Elvis' favorite woodie rollercoaster. It nearly rotted completely away when LibertyLand bit the dust but it has reappeared in Wisconsin. Still should be in Memphis somewhere. I find it interesting that I rode the woodie at what was Circus Circus down in FLA when it was Boardwalk and Baseball. It's now at Magic Springs in Hot Springs.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:54:46 PM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2011, 10:18:05 PM »
I wish Merlin would come in and do a SeaLife and Legoland there.
SWOOSH

CJR

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
I see a trend.  They're getting rid of all the portable/carnival rides.  Look at it, there's nothing portable in the green.  I know a common complaint at CC was that it had too many portable/carnival rides mixed in beautiful scenery.  I wouldn't be surprised if they have at least an idea of where they're eventually going to go with the property. 

When did the Orbiter get sold?  I never saw it up.  Must have missed it somehow.  Never saw the bumper cars either, but that doesn't surprise me as much.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2011, 11:40:40 PM »
Well let’s face it, it is a heck of a lot easier, and less expensive to sell, and transport a carnival style ride than a “permanent” ride, or attraction. :P

I suppose if it is a trend, then it would indeed make sense.

IASTClone

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2011, 03:29:14 PM »
The Ferris Wheel is down and was getting loaded onto flatbed trailers today.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2011, 03:42:01 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2011, 05:01:18 PM »
Well it was bound to happen eventually. It was on sale for several years. It seems like it would fit into any number of redevelopment scenarios, but they probably had reasons to get rid of it.

Only four rides left up for sale on Rides4U: http://rides4u.com/index.php/rides/results/cat/53

There used to be a pretty long list...

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2011, 09:06:29 PM »
Alright, I'll come clean, it is being shipped to my backyard.

If only!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2011, 09:11:08 PM »
good for you rube,, now that it is out of the way.   Now I will get my crew in there to disassemble the "woody"!!!!!!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2011, 07:43:08 PM »
Well it was bound to happen eventually. It was on sale for several years. It seems like it would fit into any number of redevelopment scenarios, but they probably had reasons to get rid of it.

Only four rides left up for sale on Rides4U: http://rides4u.com/index.php/rides/results/cat/53

There used to be a pretty long list...

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but where did Thunderbolt come from? It says it was built in 1990.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett