Author Topic: Some reconfiguration needed  (Read 7481 times)

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Some reconfiguration needed
« on: April 15, 2010, 11:16:12 AM »
So...for those that have strollers:

Anyone else really frustrated every time you ride the flooded mine?

It drives me crazy that you park your strollers so far away from where you come out.  And often when you walk out you are poured right into a salmon migration. 

How busy is Love my Country? Could that area be reconfigured some?
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Some reconfiguration needed
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 12:07:14 PM »
Ha, you know I have never considered that before, but your absolutely correct. When you leave the Flooded Mine you do exit into a completely different area than where you had entered at.

I do not have an immediate solution to your situation, but you have made my brain to tick a little bit. Interesting.  :)

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »
Saloongal, your post reminded me of the first time I ever rode FMS.  It was my first time in the City, and I came out completely disoriented wondering, "Where the heck am I?"  Might be nice if they put a little map near the exit with a "You are here" arrow!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:37:15 PM by PastorDon »
In His grip!

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 12:45:55 PM »
We usually plan to ride it as we are headed to GE or "around the corner" to GG, so we park the strollers over by the entrance, ride, then the majority of the group goes on to where we planned to go next while my husband runs back to get the strollers and meets us. 
Either way, it is just odd! 

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 01:29:58 PM »
That whole are could use a few extra feet of people room If you ask me. It is a spot where the train boards, and releases, FM boards and releases, The potato and skillet lines up, dippin dots are being sold and everyone else walks though on thier laps of the park. Love My country is great but I wonder if they Love thier location as well...Seems as most people pass it by, and that it does not get near as much business as some of the other stores-Not trying to be unpatriotic-

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 02:04:21 PM »
Also on the corner now is the Strawberries and cream, the roasted nuts, and some other stand I cant think of right now.
I know they can't help the way the ride exits.  But they can help how much other stuff is going on right there. 
And love my country doesn't really fit in there...maybe something else would be better suited.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 03:26:10 PM »
Maybe a bridge across the pond from the opposite end of the dock where we currently exit? That spill us out on the same side of the building that the strollers are on.

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 03:41:26 PM »
Would it be better if you could park the strollers on the side of the exit?  How much space would it take to build a coral for the strollers there.  Or would that be too far to walk without your stroller?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 09:31:25 PM »
We approach FM from the GG side and park our stroller behind the lemonade stand at the exit and then head up the hill to ride.  Coming out, we plop a kid into the stroller and climb the hill again.  You are correct about this being a funnel area for the crowd.  There are a couple of these areas in the park that require a creative solution.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 09:40:23 PM »
While we are at it, can we reconfigure the whole bottle neck there by the Saloon.  The line for it needs to be moved else where.  It's bad on a non-busy day and is a nightmare during Christmas
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 09:47:30 PM »
Yup.  That's clearly one of the most congested areas, along with the bottleneck that occurs just down the hill into the Riverfront.  Maybe these areas are congested due to the dead-end road to the Opera House, FitH, and PK.  Loop it around and the problem might be alleviated.

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 10:28:39 PM »
How about get ride of all the strollers.  Then people would get tired of caring their kids and leave the park.  This would make more room for those of us who do not have kids in strollers.  It would also cut down on the bottle neck areas.

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 07:55:58 AM »
Uh, you are darn right that without strollers the place would be less crowded! And although I am a stroller pusher...Why do some people have to be so rude?  Seriously, strollers are not weapons that should be used to clear a path, or to take the skin off the back of the ankle of the person in front of you.

Anyway.

Swoosh, you are right about the saloon too.  Why doesnt it come farther down and around with more of a straight line towards the riverfront area (like under the rr bridge).

Does anyone mind having the strollers parked by the lemonade stand?  Maybe they could just make that an official stroller lot.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 06:17:51 PM »
^We never had a complaint.  Of course, we've only done it a couple of times.

I think some of the extra space from the old Lost Crafts area needs to be moved to the needed areas.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 06:54:18 PM »
Strollers ...ok. But when it comes to a cranky grandparent in a motorized cart clipping your heels as you walk past the potatoes, heaven forbid you should want to smell them, SORRY OLD MAN YOU CAN"T TASTE ANYMORE....I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE FOOD THOUGH! I hate seeing them like runaway ore carts going down cardiac hill (the big one) zipping right past the honey stop like they have no breaks expecting you to move for them.  Those things should have maps to say where to take them. I am all about respecting elders, but I think many times the elders abuse this privilege, and become senile. Just a thought I had with a connected memory! Now back to the reconfiguration.