Author Topic: Some reconfiguration needed  (Read 7479 times)

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Some reconfiguration needed
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 07:55:47 PM »
Keep talking....you'll be there some day.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 08:39:32 PM »
When the check them out they are told not to go down that hill.  I guess that means their hearing aids are failing also.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 09:52:55 PM »
Not to mention that they - beeep, beeeeep, beeeep - back up without looking behind them.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 09:33:04 AM »

There is nothing that Xisses me off more than a stroler with a older child in it, or one that is being used as a rolling vacation storage station.
Nothing more than possible seeing overweight young or middle aged people who rent those carts so they dont have to walk. ( THis also apparently allows them to get on the ride through the exit skipping the line) Hey now, thats a better deal than the Trailblazers pass, you dont have to walk and you get reight on teh riders as often as you want; Nice.

Strollers are nessesary fro small children, not for older kids that dont want to walk.
Carts should be rented by people that need them not by those that are lazy and just want to gridlock the park.  Its liek going to walk mart and seeing people park in handicap and walk right in teh store, they are cheating. Not just cheating but frankly I think its bad Karma, or Omen to put yourself into that possition too early.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 09:46:06 AM »

The areas you were talking about with the bottleneck are indeed problems, they do however sit on areas that can be used as walkways with a little adjustment.
The Saloon sits on the road with the restaurant seating across the street, reclaim some of the area around the waterfall and remove a line of tables there, they can also build and additional raised rock bed to serve as seating between the road and restaurant seating to keep the walk separate.
The Flooded mine is also an area that can be adjusted, move one or all of those stands back, the area there can be built up on the Echo Hollow side to accommodate the adjustment without doing any harm to the park. There is space to adjust and they must in the future, although its over due.  I noticed this year they are adjusting the size of the raised beds to open more walkways, specificaly in front of the furniture store, this is a good move.  I am a huge advocate of flowers and the like but these can be built on the sides of the streets. They double as benches as well.

As far as the river area I have rarely seen all the seats in the BBQ picnic area filled, they can also move this back to increase the walkway.

Is my thinking off or isn't this all possible?

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 03:30:12 PM »

There is nothing that Xisses me off more than a stroler with a older child in it, or one that is being used as a rolling vacation storage station.
Nothing more than possible seeing overweight young or middle aged people who rent those carts so they dont have to walk. ( THis also apparently allows them to get on the ride through the exit skipping the line) Hey now, thats a better deal than the Trailblazers pass, you dont have to walk and you get reight on teh riders as often as you want; Nice.

Strollers are nessesary fro small children, not for older kids that dont want to walk.
Carts should be rented by people that need them not by those that are lazy and just want to gridlock the park.  Its liek going to walk mart and seeing people park in handicap and walk right in teh store, they are cheating. Not just cheating but frankly I think its bad Karma, or Omen to put yourself into that possition too early.

When you say "older kids," what age do you mean?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 08:32:59 PM »

I mean 6-7 and up.
Children that are not stroler age, I am sure you have seen a first grader in a stroler...........I know i have seen this a few times at SDC

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 09:16:36 PM »
It's always a special treat to see a parent carrying the stroller baby and pushing the grade school kid in the stroller (usually too big to fit and has to sit with legs hanging over the little tray on the front). :-\

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 10:10:24 PM »
Those things should have maps to say where to take them.
Sadly they do and the employees explain everything to them, but they don't listen.

slow_walker

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Rosey's Ramblings
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 09:57:04 PM »
I went to the park last Thursday with my parents and while we were in line for Fiery Fiddles - had been standing still for several minutes - a lady on a motorized cart ran over my dad. As in, I'm standing there minding my own business and the next thing I know my dad is flailing and grabbing for me, I reach over and grab his arm, and he ends up lying face first on the ground with a motorized cart parked on his knees. Of course she and the lady with her both apologized a few times and dad didn't seem to have any injuries so he brushed himself off and said "it's okay". But the whole thing was ridiculous. It made me even madder to discover that they didn't even stay in line for the show. So we have no idea if they just weren't paying attention and didn't realize we were in line or if they got embarrassed and left the scene of the crime. I know accidents happen and people do need these carts, but it's not like she just "bumped" him. He was seriously ran over.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 10:12:01 PM »
As far as the river area I have rarely seen all the seats in the BBQ picnic area filled, they can also move this back to increase the walkway.

One thing to note on the Rib House dining patios is that there are two.  There is one that is directly on the Lost River and then there is the one near the TGS pathway.  Neither of the two patios are connected (not sure why, but that is the case).  The west patio (near TGS pathway) is only used if the west serving line is open.  The east serving line (near Lost River) is always the first to open and thus is always full.  I have seen countless times where the east patio is completely full and people cannot find a place to sit down and eat.  If they could connect the two patios, that would alleviate a lot of those problems and the western patio would be used more often.
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »
What about connecting the wildfire area with the powderkeg area? it would seen like an easy thing to do, that theater area near Powder Keg is a real mess near, god forbid you have to make a stop at the mens room there.
The path from PowderKeg goes nowhere, this could be connected behind the waterfall pretty easily.
Also what is your opinion with connecting the back of the GE to the now missing waterboggin area?  this area is a cramped mess and needs another way in and out. There is parking back there but you might think they could
build a walkway through, even if it was covered, it could be a cool transitional area between the 2.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 10:42:32 AM by mhguy77 »

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2010, 11:05:16 PM »
I think the back of GE (back side of Red Gold) is warehouse and garage access.  A connection there would be difficult.