Author Topic: Renovations to Fire in the Hole  (Read 6636 times)

SDC92

• My friends
    • View Profile
Renovations to Fire in the Hole
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:00:05 PM »
What changes were made to Fire in the Hole, I heard that it had gone through renovation over the summer. I hope that they didn't ruin the theme of it.
You have a great past ahead of you at Silver Dollar City

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Renovations to Fire in the Hole
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 06:03:28 PM »
Allow me to refer you to Swoosh's excellent rundown on the upgrades on page 1 of the 2010 Trip Reviews thread.  It appears that the upgrades have been in keeping with the historic theme of the ride. 
In His grip!

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:30:37 PM »
The major change to FITH would be the addition of the gallows or hanging scene. This scene took the place of the Baldknobber Camp, which was in need of some major help anyway. The Baldknobber Camp has been moved to the former location of the Baldknobber with the cannon, the cannon is still there it has been joined by several new bad guys and trunks full of stolen goods. There are some extras here and there such as a woman chasing after a Baldknobber with a frying pan, a Baldknobber steeling something (kind of don’t want to say because it is a spoiler) and a marshal capturing a few Baldknobbers and hauling them off to the gallows. Also there are more lights in FITH than ever before, but still people return saying it is too dark. I am not sure if people realize that it is supposed to dark in areas to enhance the thrill. Also the trains have not been sped up; they are going the same speed they have been traveling for years. The queue line and loading dock have seen a lot of improvements, such as wanted signs and other fun things to help explain the storyline. The improvements are not finished; this will be an ongoing process.

If you have ridden it please post what you think!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:02:01 AM by Copper »

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 01:10:12 AM »
You have to ride it more than once, to see all the improvements!  Glad the scene with the "Mardi Gras" beads was replaced :)  Suggestions?  How about adding the "lost" section back in???  On busy days, it would be great to have the Sheriff chasing baldknobbers through the crowd  ;D
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 10:55:04 AM »
How about adding the "lost" section back in??? 

That would be nice, but a little out of budget and the majority of that area is now winter work space. They use it to rebuild trains and store parts up there. I would like it if they did!!!

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 02:13:20 PM »
I liked all the improvements.  No major changes, but enough stuff to make it enjoyable.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 03:36:53 PM »
^WHAT?  NO MAJOR CHANGES?  :o
Did you ride the same ride I did, there are quite a few MAJOR changes.
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 06:05:48 PM »
I like the added scenes. As you said, the ride was in dire need of some upkeep and upgrades. I'm glad that the classic parts of the ride weren't taken out though.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:17:40 AM »
^WHAT?  NO MAJOR CHANGES?  :o
Did you ride the same ride I did, there are quite a few MAJOR changes.

Well, in thinking about it, I suppose in a ride such as FITH the changes made could be considered major.  However, it's not like its theme or anything has been overhauled, which is basically what I meant.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 04:22:28 PM »
Yah, we are working towards a story line. Bad guys are ransacking, bad guys get caught, bad guys get hung, bad guy escapes and attempts to blow you up, but you come out victorious. Something like that.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 08:36:06 PM »
I think the changes are great & go with the theme well.  Too much change, and it would not be FITH, anymore!  ;)
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 11:00:20 PM »
Nothing like seeing a Baldknobber running from his "wife" in socks and a cap pistol stuck in his pocket.  That's the problem I had with FITH....last time I was on it last year, all the Baldknobbers were propped up against the walls and most of their fingers were broke off!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 12:03:39 AM »
last time I was on it last year, all the Baldknobbers were propped up against the walls and most of their fingers were broke off!

Well, of course. Where do you think they got the name "Baldknobber" from? Just teasing. :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:07:47 AM by Ozark BBQ »