Author Topic: Liverpool Legends  (Read 4567 times)

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Liverpool Legends
« on: January 18, 2010, 09:34:39 PM »
Greetings fellow SDC'ers.  I am a big time Beatles fan and have enjoyed the Liverpool Legends there in Branson nearly every time I go to Branson.  What in the world is going on though?  They just moved into the Starlite Theater and now they have moved to "The Mansion".  They have been voted best new act, best band, and visitor's choice awards yet they cannot seem to stay place in one location.  I thought they had struck gold when they moved from the Caravelle to the Starlite, but I think Bill Medley is now taking their spot.  Can't find much information yet, but why in the world do they move around when they are obviously one of the better shows in Branson?  Anyone from the area have any ideas?

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool Legends
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:50:53 PM »
My guess is the Mansion offered them a better cut....
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 09:20:47 PM »
Musical Theaters!

(pun intended)
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 11:01:24 PM »
Well, I could understand getting a better deal from that theater, but I thought they had it made there ON the strip in the Starlite.  Great location, Great lobby, started the Beatles display.  Now they are way out there in "no mans land".  I was thinking more in the lines of how much is it to lease a theater that is actually ON the strip.  Maybe it was just they were offered more to "appear" at The Mansion rather than have their own theater and show?  Who knows......just thought it would bring up some interesting discussion.

sdcforever

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 07:42:35 AM »
There seems to be a lot of talent movement every year in Branson, with acts jumping from theater to theater.  I'm sure the overriding factor is money. :)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 12:30:37 PM »
There seems to be a lot of talent movement every year in Branson, with acts jumping from theater to theater.

That's nothing new. It was happening 35 years ago.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »
I was glad to see that Louise Harrison, George's sister is the one staging this production of the Fake Beatles. It's alright by me, as if I cannot see the real Beatles, the Fake ones sponsored by George's sister will do...at least they are somewhat official...I guess?!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 07:23:18 PM »
Two things are certain in Branson.  Traffic and the fact that by next season, the show you once saw is somewhere else completely different.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 09:05:31 AM »
My brother lives in Branson and says that due to so many different shows and the downturn in the economy, the shows are finding it hard to survive. They do what they have to in order to cut costs...this means theater jumping every year. I saw a flyer just yesterday advertising that Roy Clark was to appear at a Branson theater. NOT the Roy Clark Celebrity Theater, but another one. I know he sold his interest in his theater a few years ago, but I still thought for some reason his name was on it. Just struck me as funny, ya know. My bro says some shows play to a house of two or three dozen people only. Hard to make a living like that.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 11:01:29 PM »
Just got back from our trip.  I took the family to the Liverpool Legends on a Wednesday night and there were probably around 200 people there.  Once again, a great show.  I'm not quite old enough to have been able to see the Beatles live, but from everyone I spoke with, this is about as close as you can get to the real thing.  They play period instruments and note for note on the songs.  Crowd was very light in Branson on Wed, Thur and Fri, however, today it was pretty full.  I guess people just arriving for the holiday weekend. 

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 08:28:57 AM »
We've never been to see them yet. By the time we are ready to go, we have spent all of our money at Silver Dollar City, haha! I LOVE,....LOVE the Beatles and would love to check them out next visit. We noticed a few things had moved around too. We stayed at the Radison behind the Grand Palace which was closed. It's been three years since we'd been to Branson. I guess all the acts are jockeying for the best position on the strip.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:54:38 PM by Tony from Tulsa »
No matter where you go, there you are.