Author Topic: Tess Harper at SDC  (Read 2580 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Tess Harper at SDC
« on: January 16, 2010, 09:57:59 AM »
Tess Harper, a Golden Globe winning actress, known for her role in the Robert Duvall movie "Tender Mercies" and other roles in TV and film, apparently worked at Silver Dollar City sometime in the late 60's or early 70's as part of the street troupe, doing Hatfield/McCoy street feuds. She attended Missouri State University (formerly Southwest Missouri State University) in Springfield, MO and I think acted in little theater in Springfield. Are there any pictures of her at SDC or does anyone have more information about her time at SDC?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Tess Harper at SDC
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 12:39:20 PM »
I've always been interested in finding out more info on Tess' time at SDC. When I first found out that she had worked there and is an alumni of MSU (which I now attend), I was thrilled. I've been a huge fan of Tess ever since I watched her on "Christy" back in the early '90s; she was the perfect embodiment of Fairlight Spencer, and ever since I saw that show as a child, I've been a fan of hers.

I wish I had more info about her time at SDC. I'd love to see pics or something.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Tess Harper at SDC
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 05:58:01 PM »
Maybe you'll be able to find out more about her when The Story of Bonnie and Clyde comes out this year in theaters.  She plays Governor Ma Ferguson in the film.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating