Author Topic: Buzzsaw Falls - Remake?  (Read 11572 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Buzzsaw Falls - Remake?
« on: September 02, 2007, 02:23:53 PM »
Quote from: coaster
I kinda had this crazy idea as I re-read this topic today. What if SDC brought back a Buzz Saw Falls type ride?? This ride was very popular at the park. It was made as a prototype and I think it was very successful. I know BSF had it's problems though. But now the park knows what to do differently. I loved the ride and it'd be awesome to see a similar ride return.

*This was kinda just a dream post made by me because I seriously doubt there will ever be another ride like BSF make a return to SDC. But I'm just kinda wondering, what if?*

As I said earlier, the BSF thing was kinda a dream post...

I'm not saying this will happen, but would anyone else here like to see a return of the ride??

[Admin Note: I split this from another topic after a discussion built up around it.]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 07:49:27 PM by shavethewhales »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Buzzsaw Falls - Remake?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 07:41:19 PM »
I absolutaly hate bsf its so boring and stupid!!!!! if they bring it back sdc will be dumb to because everybody I know hated it.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Buzzsaw Falls - Remake?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 07:43:06 PM »
It wasn't boring. It was the first of it's kind in the world. It was something totally different than what SDC had ever done. I thought it packed quite a punch. And just wondering, but how many people do you know that hate it?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Buzzsaw Falls - Remake?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 07:46:38 PM »
It was quite a ride, although it did fall short of what it could have been. Being a prototype had it's ups and downs (heh, heh). I liked it well enough though, and most of the people I knew did too.

The problem is though, like I said before, some people want to ride coasters, some people want to ride a water ride, but only a portion of those people want to ride both at once. It makes more business sense to build one or the other, at least at this point.

Someday though, it would be great to see a come-back addition of the ride, with a little more to it than a helix and a drop.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Buzzsaw Falls - Remake?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 07:58:53 PM »
Wow this is pretty cool that I posted something and it ended up splitting a thread.

Sorry, seems cool to me.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 12:27:10 PM »
Is it possible for a liquid coaster such as Buzzsaw Falls to go through an inversion?? This thought just kind of popped into my head and I was curious.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 12:39:45 PM »
I don't think so for two reasons.
1. The shape of the cars are such that the inversions would have to be really spread out, and heart-lining would be difficult.
2. OTSR's would have to be added, which would be very obnoxious for much of the ride, especially the rapids.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 12:53:14 PM »
Again, I'm showing everyone how annoying and stupid I am. What are OTSR's?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 01:18:07 PM »
Over the shoulder restraints.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 01:34:48 PM »
 :o DUH!! Sheesh! I should've known that.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 09:33:59 PM »
now that would be one heck of a ride if it had inversions but the harneses would be a pain
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 11:02:29 PM »
I don't think SDC ever really liked Buzz Saw Falls. It's a good concecpt, but it never really caught on. Now if you search "Water coaster" anywhere, you get LIM Launched tube slides like Deluge at Six Flags Kentucky kingdom, I great ride by te way.

Dukefan

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 10:19:22 PM »
I think Buzzsaw Falls was a wonderful concept, but from what I can tell the ride simply didn't live up to expectations.  For what it's worth they might has well have just built a regular roller coaster with a water splash rather than trying to use the idea of boats that actually free-float down a sluice.

If they one day decide to resurrect the concept I think that might actually be the way to go.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 10:28:48 PM »
^Yes, Intamin really pulled the concept off much better with the Aqua Trax. There's a certain coaster that the Alvey's hit up on one of their recent trips that was just a perfect example of how to use water with coasters, but I forget where it was. It had outrageous theming though, and it interacted with both theming and water elements very well, while never actually floating through a canal.

Then again, the canal portion of the ride was pretty good too, it's just that people usually want either a coaster or a raft ride, not both together like that. It was great for some people, but it's simply more profitable to have the two concepts separate.

BSF never really was meant to impress anyone though. I mean, come on, a few seconds of floating followed by a helix and a mid-sized drop? Meh, it was only a prototype. The Herschends never meant to keep it long. I believe they meant to tear most of it down while re-using what they could from the start. 

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 11:24:58 PM »
The original concept had several hills. If I can find the picture of what it was suppose to look like I will post it. I remember that it kept getting scaled back.