Author Topic: T-Shirts & the 50th Anniversary  (Read 14061 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: T-Shirts & the 50th Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
I've got an idea I've been sitting on that might turn out well. I'll try to hammer it out sometime between now and this weekend.

jeffthephotog

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 09:37:08 AM »
I'd buy a shirt. Probably 3 actually. Me, my sister, and my best friend. I'm a big guy...so any chance of at least one XXL?
Avid fan for 42 years.

DalesDaMan3

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 09:01:49 PM »
Anything on T-shirts, or maybe hoodies???

adairmd

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 12:42:48 AM »
I'd buy a shirt. Probably 3 actually. Me, my sister, and my best friend. I'm a big guy...so any chance of at least one XXL?

Make that 2, I would need an XXL also!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 10:45:02 PM »
Well, I caved and just went ahead and ordered a T-shirt from Zazzle using my banner/coin design.

Now is the perfect time to order a shirt from Zazzle as they've got a $4-off code to use on any T-shirt, in celebration for St. Patrick's Day coming up. If you order within the next few days, you should definitely get your shirt in time to wear it to opening day at SDC!

Just do a search for SDCFans, and all the designs that Steve's uploaded there will come up. If you're interested in using the banner/coin design I did, just let me know and I'll upload it and make it public (I have a hi-res version as opposed to the one I linked to on this thread).

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2010, 10:55:52 PM »
Oh yeah, the old SDCFans zazzle account is here: http://www.zazzle.com/sdcfans+gifts

I can't really verify the quality of any of those shirts though, except the grunge shirt which I bought over a year ago. I still have that shirt and it hasn't faded too badly. They're good shirts, but the designs don't exactly pull off well on the shirts. I know a little more about shirt designs now from the derbies on shirt.woot.com, so the next generation of shirts should be better.
I've been meaning to overhaul the store and design some new shirts, but just like everything else I've been pushing it off due to work and school. Sometime between this weekend and Spring Break I'll try my hand at a few shirts again though.

If anyone else wants to design an SDCFans shirt, Zazzle is an excellent place to do it. Go ahead and set up your own account and give us the link, or send it to me and I can put it on our account (we aren't profiting from the zazzle account, btw).

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2010, 10:19:12 AM »
Well, Disney does business with Zazzle, so I'm imagining the quality can't be too bad.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2010, 05:30:22 PM »
What do you guys think about something like this? http://sdcfans.com/shirt.jpg

I kind of threw this together, so it's not very neat. I'll probably make the rays smooth on the end rather than jagged, and I'll adjust the colors some before putting it on a shirt. I'll probably have to play with the text a little too so that it will stand out better. Can you tell what the objects are? I'm afraid they'll look more like blobs to everyone else. I don't have a lot of good silhouette shots.

I should probably throw the web address in there too...

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2010, 08:51:33 PM »
^I like that design. But really not the colors. Maybe a red or blue shirt with black silhouette and the brown SDCFans logo in the middle?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »
You are right about the silhouettes - I don't think they all come across as what they are.  Having said that, I like the concept, and I agree the address must be on there.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcforever

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2010, 10:09:35 PM »
I like the design a lot, but it does need a little tweaking with the colors and the addition of the web address.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 05:33:21 PM »
Here is the Shirt I had made.  They are $15.  If you want one let me know.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey