Author Topic: T-Shirts & the 50th Anniversary  (Read 14060 times)

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: T-Shirts & the 50th Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 11:37:11 AM »
Or Terry Himself
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 12:30:34 PM »
Tinmann, thanks so much for the link to your Christmas album.   I can close my eyes and just imagine myself there instead of this cubicle.

But I will be there for the Birthday Bash - reservations are made!!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »
One year I bought a DVD on Ebay of someone's trip to SDC @ Christmas that included the Train Ride, the Saloon Show, and a walk through of the Christmas Crafts/ornaments etc. It was obviously made to be sold, it had transitions put in, and title screens/ etc. Yes there was some camera-man talking portions, but when I am having holiday withdrawl, I watch that and it perks me right up and carries me through until I can make it down.

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 01:48:39 PM »
I have VHS tapess of family vacations throughout the years when my son was small.  But the one I enjoy the most is the tape I have of the original Branson Brothers that I taped when they performed in Echo Hollow with the female group called Tapestry.

I will play it and work around the house and sing along even though they are telling me to sing quieter.

I think I will play one tonight.  There are alot of memories in the tapes but I would not sell them for a million dollars.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 03:20:15 PM »
Not that it warrants itself to a shirt, but I had about 15 minutes yesterday after I made a Christmas Card design, and since I had the linocut (Linoleum printing block) materials out, I used some scraps to create this. Hope you all enjoy it! I had fun. Now I have a neato printing block/ stamp to emblazon SDCFans onto anything! I can change the background based on whatever color I lay down first, so here are two different versions!

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 03:45:46 PM »
Rube, I know that the park has evolved into a rollercoaster park over the years, but I think our T-shirt should reflect the original roots of the city and it 1888 theme. I still like the first one that you presented with the train on top.  Lets try to keep the true sprit of the park. I know that we could not use the paarks logo, but something around that item would be neat.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 04:13:40 PM »
I agree oldSDCer. I really had nowhere to post this, so I thought I would put it here since it somewhat fit into my brainstorming. I have gone many-a-time and not ridden the coasters (I know for some that would be sacrilege ). I think it should reflect the "feel" of the place. I will definitely be thinking over the next few weeks!

I also think that I will start a thread "Rube's Art Gallery" or something along those lines so I have a rightful place for these items.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 04:15:17 PM by rubedugans »

adairmd

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 10:28:41 PM »
I love the idea of a SDCFans t-shirt.  I would definetly buy one!  I also like the one with the train on top the best.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 02:27:53 AM »
So, here's the idea that's been bouncing around in my head since I first started this thread. I wanted to do something color-wise that would evoke both Silver Dollar City and its golden anniversary, as well as lightly parodying the logo without actually using it.

I was looking at my friend's t-shirt site tonight and noticed that he does have a few simpler designs that are two-color and still only $10. And his most expensive shirt is $15, so I think we could do pretty well if we order through him. Anyway, so I went with a two-color design. Tried to keep it as simple as possible, and also made it so that it would be a white shirt; it always costs less to print on white than black. Plus, white t-shirts are more comfortable in the summer anyway, as white reflects, black absorbs.

So, here's my design on a t-shirt template to show what it would look like. The design in this photo is less than 1/4 of its original size; I made it on a 2000x2000 document with 200dpi.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 02:28:49 AM by tinaalsgirl »

sdcforever

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2009, 02:52:30 PM »
I like the design, except for the mustard yellow.  Maybe that could be orange or something.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »
I was trying for a gold color, but maybe I should go with pure yellow?

Joy

DalesDaMan3

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 07:17:16 PM »
Anything new on the T-shirts?

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2010, 02:44:02 PM »
Rube..  I am going to have a shirt made for myself and my 2 daughters.  would you mind if I used one of your pictures that you have posted?
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 10:52:36 AM »
Yah I messaged you about that, so just get back to me, and we can figure it all out!
Thanks for letting me know Okla!

If someone wants to try a one-off shirt -Iron on, or a vinyl application from a local print shop let me know. and we can work it out. I posted most of the images on this thread for the purpose of shirt designs, so they  (mostly) are fair game! With opening day getting nearer, I just might have to make one for myself too!

DalesDaMan3

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 12:10:11 PM »
If anyone makes a shirt, I'll buy one!!!