Author Topic: Silver Dollar City Times  (Read 4444 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Silver Dollar City Times
« on: November 06, 2009, 09:00:07 AM »
Has anyone recieved theirs yet?   I am taking a few people next weekend and would like to use the coupon in it.  SDC will not let you print the Coupon off the net.  They told me they have mailed some but not all of them yet.  I wish they would sent these things out a little eariler.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Dollar City Times
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 09:39:46 AM »
I got mine yesterday, the coupon is for 2 people for $25 each.  I'm using mine for family, sorry...  I also was told they'll be giving gold dollars back in change as a preview of the 50th.  This is nice, but not what I had hoped for, a limited edition 50th coin, like the old mint they used to use.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 10:23:47 AM »
^^I think they consciously try to limit the number of Times out there at once. With so many coupons and BAF's, I wonder if anyone's actually paying the full ticket price.

^There might have been some counterfeit issues with that  ;) At least the old silver dollars were legal tender.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 01:50:44 PM »
I surprisingly got my SDC Times in the mail the other day. I'm assuming they updated my account with my newest address when I put in one of those little slips to try to win season passes next year, as I don't have a season pass this year.

My family was hoping to all go down for Christmas this year, to take my little niece for Christmas. But that's looking like it isn't gonna happen; looks like we may not even be having a real Thanksgiving.

So, once I confirm with my sis that the trip isn't gonna happen, I'm gonna see if a friend of my from Folklore Club wants to go and we can use the coupon for the two of us; she's been talking about wanting to go down for Christmas, and I'm quite eager to go, especially if Christmas Carol is on its last year this season, since I've not seen it.

And gold dollars as change? AWESOME.

Joy

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 02:45:29 PM »
Here's a quote from an e-mail:
"One opportunity that I think you'll particularly like will be our "share your memories" micro-site that will go live after January where guests can share thoughts and photos from the past 50 years. We are also producing a fun historical souvenir piece with Missouri Life Magazine. AND, we will actually start giving back $1 coins for change this Christmas season as a sneak peak of next year when we will exclusively give back change at all shops and eateries across park in $1 presidential coins, much like they did with silver dollars when the park first opened!"
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 04:14:27 PM »
we will actually start giving back $1 coins for change this Christmas season as a sneak peak of next year when we will exclusively give back change at all shops and eateries across park in $1 presidential coins, much like they did with silver dollars when the park first opened!

That's so you can use them in the family dryers at the new attraction.

Don't miss the little blurb in the upper right corner on the back page - if you're turning 50 or having a 50th anniversary, you can get in free all year - the verbage is not clear whether you have to be 50 on the day you visit.  I'm, of course, too young to take advantage of the offer.

Also, some of the Dicken's cast is pictured in the Old Time Christmas panel for 2010 on page three.  I don't know if that sets anything in stone, though.

Really, do I NEED to see Sponge Bob or the PowerPuff Girls at Silver Dollar City???  Come on fellas, put them at WW, but not in the place where we "have a great past ahead of" us!!!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 04:47:42 PM »
Oh, Presidential Dollars! Hopefully I can get some Abraham Lincolns later next year after his is released.

Joy

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 02:18:32 PM »
What is funny about the SDC times is that I buy all the passes for the family, and have been for years, and yet my wife is the only one that receives a SDC times in the mail, even though I did buy the passes separately this past year.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 03:14:26 PM »
Yeah, I dunno how their addressing works. For a few years, the only Times coming to my house when I lived with my mom was addressed to her, even though she hasn't had a season pass since... well, gosh probably before 2000?

Joy

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 10:01:57 PM »
Came today and I did not have passes this year (first time in 10 years).