Author Topic: odd views from 2009 Harvest Festival Setup  (Read 2425 times)

shuckin-son

• View Profile
odd views from 2009 Harvest Festival Setup
« on: October 06, 2009, 12:34:48 AM »
Hi all, I have been absent here too much. I went down for setup, and then have been busy and gone. For regular SDC Citizens, these images are regular stuff. For others, they might not be. These are low-quality cellphone pics.

Here are the streets of SDC filled with vehicles. It's kind of like something turned all of the visitors into cars and trucks.

During setup? Lunch is always a quick "sandwich on the lap". These are my parents, and my sister Susie. These are the main people of The Corn Crib, we have cornshuck dolls and arrangements, just off the square. That is an authentic 1880 tie-dye Tshirt that Susie is wearing. ;D My dad is a life-long farmer, except for his hat, he dresses like it is 1880 every day.

Here is the 'before' picture, just starting out. We get the same booth every year, we leave nails and hooks in our favorite spots, to speed up hanging things.

Here is the booth, getting pretty full. At this point I asked her if this was about done. She replied, "Oh, we're getting there". This is still before opening day.

And, as per her opening posts, this is Smoky, the 16 pound Tokinese cat, that anxiously awaits their return every day from SDC.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:52:22 AM by shuckin-son »
Did Carrie A. Nation run Carrie's Candles?

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: odd views from 2009 Harvest Festival Setup
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 09:17:23 AM »
...and the Happy parents at the Party with the Stars...
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 12:00:06 PM »
I love the first photo! It is, like you said, as if they turned everyone into cars! It makes me laugh inside and my mind starts to wander and think what if people were turned into cars, and I begin to imagine all the funny photos that it would provide!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:50:57 PM »
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Wish I could make it down for this year's harvest fest, but I'll be lucky just to go at Christmas. Looks like you've got a great booth.

shuckin-son

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 12:50:52 AM »
On that first picture, my initial thoughts were of a SDC-like Medusa, that instead of turning people to stone, turned visitors into vehicles. Just because I enjoyed Greek mythology as a kid, doesn't mean I am (very) weird.

Here's one of my parents with Yakov (Vat a Country!!) Smirnoff, courtesy of Tinmann620, Thanks!

Did Carrie A. Nation run Carrie's Candles?