Author Topic: NOTHING NEW in 2010  (Read 5868 times)

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
NOTHING NEW in 2010
« on: September 24, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »
I went ot WW on the last day of operation.  Sorry, I should have posted weeks ago:

First of all:  is WW stupid or something?  ( A.)  It is just too dumb that there is no signage at the bottom of Bermuda Triangle's hill stating that the  ( B.) height requirement has changed in the last month of operations.  I know of two rides that changed during the season and it is a little rough for a six year old to swallow that he could ride something in June, but cannot ride it in September because after years of operation, the ride suddenly could not be used by people under 48 inches.  

With that said:  the operator of Bermuda Triangle told me that the slide would be used in the 2010 season and replaced in 2011.  He said that there would be no changes in 2010.  
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 01:55:24 PM by Tom »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: NOTHING NEW in 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 02:43:53 PM »
Wow, I didn't even know they had height requirements on slides. What the difference?

Anyway, at least we know they'll be getting something in 2011 now. Maybe they're saving up for something major. I could see them re-doing that whole hillside and extending into the parking lot with a tornado or bowl slide.

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »
WOW!!!... havent been on here for a couple months!!!.... oh well anyways... i would really like to see WW get a roller coaster type slide like what schlitterbaun water parks have..... i think that would be really good for WW but roller coaster slides are really expensive.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:35:02 AM »
According to Screamscape, we might be getting something after all in 2010 as we get leftovers from the cancelled waterpark at Stone Mountain
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »
Looking at the post above from Swoosh, it appears last November there might be a chance something new would be going on at Whitewater this year. Anything new. For the most part, we don't discuss Whitewater a whole lot at sdcfans. Why is that? Is it the fact that not much changes from year to year, or what? It's a neat little park. I always enjoyed going to it.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 11:33:29 AM »
^Yeah, it is neat. But as you said, there is nothing new to talk about.  :(
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »
Nothing new this year, but a WW employee said that after this year Bermuda Triangle is coming out and something new is being put in its place for 2011. :)

maddilives4him

• Hatfield
  • Perserving the past!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 07:56:53 AM »
Well it's nice to know that there will be someting new in 2011. WW really needs something new, but when you think about it, what could be placed on the hill that the Bermuda Triangle is currently on? (unless they just do some major land work to it)
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example to others in your speech, love, life, faithfulness, and purity."
                           - 1 Timothy 4:12

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 08:14:56 AM »
Do you think WW lends itself to something like the old CC Roaring Falls, or another type of log flume ride? What about a RiverBlast type of ride, or a Jim Owens' float trip ride type thing? Can theme park attractions and water park attractions merge and please guests? Or is it better to keep things separate?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 09:39:05 AM »
Well, Worlds of Fun has a ride like Roaring Falls that is shared by both WoF and Oceans of Fun. I've seen plenty people from OoF riding it, so obviously it appeals to visitors of a water park.