Author Topic: False memories or real?  (Read 11679 times)

RollaJedi

• May the Force be with Ya'll!
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets: Missouri and Kansas SW Fan Site
Re: False memories or real?
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 08:30:34 AM »
 ;D I'm pretty certain this is the bank i'm talking about.  its from the late 70's, so it fits in with the time correctly. 
http://cgi.ebay.com/Incredible-Hulk-Head-Plastic-Bank-1976-Marvel-Comics_W0QQitemZ360174353124QQcmdZViewItem

Huge Star Wars fan.  Owner of the official Missouri and Kansas Star Wars fan community, Coreplanets.

http://www.coreplanets.com

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 06:40:35 PM »
Ah, and here I was thinking it was a green, muscular porcine creature.  I hope that thing never finds its way into SDC, and if it was once there, I can't imagine why...
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 11:04:47 PM »
I think there was a face that looked like that on the float trip ride.  A light quickly showed the face then it went away. 

Mrs. Gumper

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2009, 06:50:02 PM »
The person that scared you was most likely Wayne Milnes. He is a great entertainer and worked at the city from the early 70's to the 90's. He was known for his "mechanical man". He would draw a crowd, and then he would break character, it scared the crowd, and he would get a BIG laugh. He did this throughout the city.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 06:01:15 PM by Mrs. Gumper »
Some of these days.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2009, 08:43:42 PM »
There was never an "Incredible Hulk" type piggy bank thingy at the Float Trip.  So that's a false memory.  But...towards the end of it's life, as one road through the cave, there were a couple of "reverse" faces embedded in the cave walls.  As you floated by them, they appeared to "turn and watch" you go by.  There was also a glassed off room in the cave that you would float by; it had kind of a haunted saloon type interior with a piano and "ghosts" floating around.  This was done with mirrors.  That room may have had gnomes at one time also.  In addition to some of the things already mentioned, some of the "sights" one might see on the float trip included a tipping outhouse, an encampment with a moonshine still, a bear cub shinnying up a tree, "echo rock," a real prairie dog town, a couple of places where there was water shooting across the "river" and it stopped just as you reached it.

There was a time in the mid-late 70's when there was a medicine wagon show in front of the glass blowers shop where the street access to the demo area has now been opened up (used to have to go thru the merchandise area to get to the demo).  Medicine men were Art Runyan and DA Callaway, playing piano, singing, and hawking "pills" with the help of a beautiful assistant.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 09:28:14 PM »
^I want that back too.  I think I was too young or too stupid to understand and appreciate the medicine show - seems like something a versatile character actor could pull off.  I wouldn't mind a mule-driven medicine wagon, horse-pulled rainmaker, even if the same guy had to play all the parts a couple of times a day.

As for the cave and everything, that would explain why I was so scared on that ride I thought I never rode.  I definitely remember the inverted faces, and some of the other scenes were  kept in the American Plunge - before it was streamlined into the amusement ride it is today.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating