Author Topic: WaterWorks Waterboggan  (Read 4548 times)

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
WaterWorks Waterboggan
« on: July 18, 2009, 01:58:14 PM »
Has the  WaterWorks Waterboggan been breaking down lately.  We were in the park on Wed and it was shut down twice for repairs of some kind.  Some guest told us it was shut down once on Tuesday.  Is this ride causing more trouble than it is worth?  Or is this just a bad run?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 02:08:01 PM by Firstvisit1967 »

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
Re: WaterWorks Waterboggan
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 02:41:39 PM »
Its a ride that has capacity issues compared to many other rides. With its limited operating dates- should it times be coming to an end?

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 03:13:22 PM »
It was a real downer to wait twice and both times not to get to ride because it was broke.  Makes me wonder how safe the ride has become.

amazonman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 06:45:21 PM »
I hope they keep this ride.I  think its one of the best at SDC,its a great way to cool off and its a blast riding.Yeah it can be a long wait in line and it breaks down at times but once i get on it seems worth the wait

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 08:47:29 PM »
I haven't heard much about this ride until now, so I kinda doubt this is a recurring issue - probably just hit it at the wrong time. The ride was completely rebuilt in 2003, so I doubt it's worn itself out yet.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 09:39:55 PM »
To be honest, I wouldn't be too heartbroken if they got rid of this one and put something else there. I haven't ridden it in several years, and don't recall ever finding it extremely fun, especially after having climbed so far to get on it.

Joy

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 02:11:43 AM »
If it wasn't for that climb, I probable would have rode it more than the 2 or 3 times I have since it was built.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 05:43:53 PM »
Made the climb twice on Wed only to walk back down.  It seems like a good hike.  Not much of a ride.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 10:29:17 PM »
Hey, at least you get to weigh yourself!  On what other ride do you get to feel like a Mac truck on the highway scales at the state border?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 09:07:30 AM »
Some of us don't feel the need to weight ourselves twice a day for nothing.  It is to depressing.  When you are 6'5" and can ride the ride by yourself?????????? 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:18:54 AM by Firstvisit1967 »

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 07:41:31 AM »
Honestly I loved the Waterboggan before the renovations.  I used to be one of the highlights.  And now, it gets you wetter than any other ride there and is over so fast you don't even enjoy it. 

We used to have such a great time...the stairs were more than worth it. 
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

RollaJedi

• May the Force be with Ya'll!
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets: Missouri and Kansas SW Fan Site
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 08:47:43 AM »
I rode the boggan for the first time in probably 10 years on saturday.  I used to think it kinda sucked because it was so smooth and you barely got wet.  On saturday, my nephews and my older son wanted to ride it so i agreed to do it.  i usually dont ride mainly because of the hike up the tower and i have a bad leg so its hard for me to climb it.  Holy crap!  this thing went fast and you got UBER wet now!  it was a blast!  we decided to do it again not long after the first time.  man, that was water was freezing too.  It gets you LOTS wetter than the lost river now.  On the second trip, we were on the last landing before you go up to get on and the line halted for a long time.  When we finally got up there, my son asked what was going on and the guy said they had a 1066 biohazard.  so, my son and i both said 'somebody puked huh?'.  :D
we had to climb across one side and get on the raft in the other lane, as did everyone else on our side.
speaking of rafts, whatever happened to the old foam ones that looked like actual wood? 

Why did they take the cover off of this ride too?
Huge Star Wars fan.  Owner of the official Missouri and Kansas Star Wars fan community, Coreplanets.

http://www.coreplanets.com

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 09:02:06 AM »
Is that what is shutting this ride down?  People getting sick.  "I don't care what you say, now that's funny."