Author Topic: Cedric Benoit & the Cajun Connection  (Read 4050 times)

flossie17

• Act your age, not your shoe size!
    • View Profile
Cedric Benoit & the Cajun Connection
« on: July 14, 2009, 04:05:23 PM »
On our recent trip to SDC the other day, we stopped by the Dockside Theater to see Cedric & the Cajun Connection. As the show started, we felt something was missing. In past years, they always had a couple come out and dance to warm up the audience and entertain throughout the show. Gone! What the heck happened? Does anyone know anything about this? Did the married couple get divorced, cause they'd always boast that they were happily married. <br>
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cedric Benoit & the Cajun Connection
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 12:20:57 PM »
Were they actually married?

My mom actually knows the guy somewhat (can't remember his name, but I'm sure someone else here does) as she's talked to the guy enough when being at the park.  He hasn't worked for that show for a while, but (as far as I know) still works at SDC. At least I don't think he's been doing it for a while.  We actually all saw him at Celebration City last year, so he was doing something there as well.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 02:45:10 PM »
Louis the fiddler is now a real estate agent in Springfield and works at the Circle B Ranch Dinner Theater on  76. The dancers were not married. He has been in the guest relations areas of the park the past few years because we have always talked to him at he front gates a few times
SDC has always made a great past to remember

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 05:47:58 PM »
LOUIS DARBY—“The Dancin’ Fiddler” is the two-time Louisiana State Fiddle Champion and plays in both the CrossTies bluegrass show and the Riders of the Circle B show @ the Circle B Theater.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey