Author Topic: What Happened to Old Guy  (Read 8098 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: What Happened to Old Guy
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 04:22:41 PM »
We really have not heard from Doc in a while, and I understand Old Guy is not wired right now. If you two are checking in on us here...we miss your regular input and want you back when you have the time. I was wondering about BetaMike, but he's just responded, and it was good to hear from him. Lurking, huh? OK...
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 05:17:01 PM »
This way I don't get charged rent for crashing on the forum's couch and eating all the viddles from the Moderator's fridge.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 09:17:07 AM »
Lurking is sometimes better than direct participation because you can find out what's going on, what's on peoples minds, and yet...they don't know what you are up to..."Big Brother" either!  ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 01:23:59 PM »
Lurking is shirking.  You've got duties and responsibilities around here Mike!  I'm docking your pay and putting you on probation.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 04:58:13 PM »
Ha! :) However, I'm the first person to admit to the fact that, unfortunately, some of the insiders have to be "politically correct" here, Sometimes holding back a bit makes sense...if you don't want to get in trouble and keep your career. I do have a big issue with folks who try to tell me what I can say or not say or do and not do when I am "off the clock." My time is MY TIME, then. I know there is an image to protect, but, from what I've seen here, most everyone LOVES SDC! When we say someting critical, it's because we LOVE the place! (See my answer a few responses ago above.) Just in case anyone has their doubts...let me say it loud and proud here........I LOVE SDC! I CANNOT WAIT TO GET UP AND VISIT THE PLACE AGAIN! Five generations of my family have been entertained at a Herschend property in Branson...and we will be back! In about another ten years or so, generation six will be here, and I hope I can still be around to take them on out for a day or two of fun at one of the parks in Branson! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 08:13:59 PM »
We really have not heard from Doc in a while...

He's active on Facebook, and is busy tramping the cave.