Author Topic: Fire In the Hole Question  (Read 42391 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Fire In the Hole Question
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2010, 03:13:43 PM »
I am sensing that some of you all need to be a little more tolerant

I know I need to learn, I try to be very aware of how my actions effect others.  THere are so many people out there who do not.
Its a real pet peeve of mine.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2010, 12:48:44 PM »
Being that I deal with the public in my job, and a lot of them don't listen, I can understand the frustration. However, we all just need to chill a little (myself at the top of the list) and realize that sometimes people just don't pay attention

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2010, 12:54:32 PM »
We had to deal with that all the time when I worked at Buzz Saw.  And, everytime it happened, somebody had to walk to the top of that giant hill right before the drop (it's the opposite direction now that it's PK) to let the folks know that everything's OK and then to send the car down (we didn't evac unless there was an actual emergency.  If it was just that we took too long, we just sent the train down as soon as it was clear to do so).  And, since I was the fastest at climbing the stairs, guess who got to do it the most?!  ::)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:55:34 PM by Makayna »

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2010, 07:41:03 PM »
Does anyone know why the "bang bang bang" off the ride?  I think that was this season, right? I seem to remember that there, even as recently as early this season.  Is that right?  Does anyone know why they took that out?

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2010, 09:32:35 PM »
Are you talking about the gun shots before the train collision.  If so, they changed the scene to a hanging.  They took the gun shots out because no one was shooting a gun in the scene, so M&C put an escaping Baldknobber in the scene with someone shooting at him, however, they never put the shots back in.  Hope they do this winter!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2010, 10:53:20 PM »
That's what it was! I knew there was something missing during my ride on Fire in the Hole, and I knew the giant spider web from years ago wasn't it. :P

Polley

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2011, 11:11:50 PM »
I have another FITH question for you SDC buffs out there, what is with the tracks that come out of the building?  As you enter the wilson's farm area you can see tracks that come out of the FITH building. I always thought it was for show and nothing more.  However, if you look at it closely it would appear to be for maintenance. Additionally, if you look up above you and to the right at the vary beginning of the ride (as soon as you leave the loading dock) you can see tracks above you and light coming in from the outside matching the opening you see in the 3rd picture. 

Please let me know what this is use for, it has been bugging me for years  ;D

The track coming out of FITH:
http://flic.kr/p/9NhNgm

The wooden door:
http://flic.kr/p/9NhNjN

The opening on the door where the track comes out:
http://flic.kr/p/9Nf3p4

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2011, 09:36:23 AM »
That is quite the mystery!

My first guess would be that those are in fact emergency exit doors in case of a real fire! However, that does not explain the “tracks” as they are referred to.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2011, 10:26:47 AM »
That is a service access, the " track" is actually a gangway.  The large metal beam is there to assist in lifting

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2011, 09:36:35 PM »
That's correct, mh. It's not used anymore because the majority of maintenance on the cars is done right there at the FITH nowadays.  But there was a time when the cars were lifted out of the building, lowered to waiting vehicles, and hauled to the welding or machine shops at M&C for maintenance.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Polley

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2011, 09:51:06 PM »
Very interesting. Thanks everyone!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2011, 09:59:12 PM »
I have wondered about that one many times!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2011, 10:56:29 PM »
interesting  info..

graysunday

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2011, 05:05:07 PM »
Hello,

First time poster, but I've been going to SDC for a while now.  My family just went memorial weekend and rode FITH with my two little boys.  It scared the pants off of them!  :)

Anyways, I came across this article from another website.  According to them, this is why part of the coaster was shutdown.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=zaMKAAAAIBAJ&sjid=p0wDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3536,5476647&dq=killed+on+fire+in+the+hole

Natalie

Polley

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2011, 08:20:12 PM »
Hello,

First time poster, but I've been going to SDC for a while now.  My family just went memorial weekend and rode FITH with my two little boys.  It scared the pants off of them!  :)

Anyways, I came across this article from another website.  According to them, this is why part of the coaster was shutdown.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=zaMKAAAAIBAJ&sjid=p0wDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3536,5476647&dq=killed+on+fire+in+the+hole

Natalie

Your link doesn't say anything about part of the coaster being shutdown. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:25:34 PM by Polley »