Author Topic: need money storage ideas  (Read 7870 times)

spgoad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: need money storage ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 10:02:48 PM »
I'm with whoever it was earlier that said cargo shorts. I keep my wallet in there and zip the pocket up when I ride. Of course not everybody likes to wear shorts like that. Jackets with zipper pockets also work the same way during the cooler times of year, but obviously not during the summer.
SDC Annual Passholder since 2011. I'm a new guy. :)

2011 SDC Visits: Spring Break Days, World Fest, Bluegrass & BBQ, Southern Gospel Picnic (upcoming!)

FireInTheHole

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 12:51:04 PM »
we found on AMAZON.com, these water proof necklace wallets. They fit money, credit cards, and my cell phone in there.  We needed them for our trip to Sea World last year.  They work great at SDC because it's just right there around your neck, see thru, and water proof.  Another idea we had was to make demographic laminated cards for my autistic son and two year old daughter.  We laminated them and used safety pins to secure them to the back of their shirts.  Just in case they some how got lossed in the mix, all of our information and who they were was easy to find out. Again, waterprof and in easy viewing.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 12:56:21 PM »
They sell then at the River Blast store on park.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 11:58:16 PM »
They sell then at the River Blast store on park.

And probably for a very pretty penny! ;)

But, if it works, then I say go for it.

bobber620

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 10:07:38 AM »
I use the cargo shorts and a good ol zip lock type storage bag to keep all the contents dry while on the water rides. Never failed me yet.
KANSAS CERTIFIED EMT, AND FRIEND TO THE PARK FOREVER

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 12:17:39 PM »
I use a wallet in my pocket.  I used one of those coil cord things (like the old phone cords, but a lot smaller) with a connector on the end to secure it to myself.  I clip it on to the belt loop of my capri pants.  Honestly, I've ridden Wildfire many, many times, and the wallet has never come close to coming out of the pocket.  Of course, I have enough padding on my thighs to keep the wallet in place, I suppose!  That has been true for any of the rides that have the seat shaped to your body.

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 06:52:57 PM »
Feel free to make fun, but I use a fanny pack that I bought from SDC a few years ago and when I go on a ride I just put everything in it. I know this may not be very smart but I then put in one of the cubby holes before the ride that way it is quick and easy to take on and off. I have never had a issue with things gone missing. If it is a water ride I keep a mall plastic sack in it to put it in. Has anyone on here ever have something go up missing while on a ride.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 08:12:44 AM »
jmc,  only thing i have ever heard , was one of the members here had a camera stolen last year? I think.

pintrader

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 09:17:24 AM »
I did see this on SDC facebook from a couple of days ago!

Kimberly Henderson Smith posted; Very dissapointed in the security at Silver Dollar City...how can you all change the way you have people leave stuff in the cubby holes to get on a ride...but, then have no way of making sure the right people pick up their bags. We had 3 phones, 2 wallets and money stolen last night. We are very dissapointed in how Silver Dollar Ctiy also did not seem to care whatsoever! You need to think about another way of placing items maybe in a net on the back of a seat..or SOMETHING...security cameras!?!?

Silver Dollar City
We are so sorry to hear this happened and certainly understand your disappointment and frustration. We will share your situation and recommendation with our Ride Operations department leadership. Please contact us at sdcwebsitecustomerservice@silverdollarcity.com to discuss further or if we can assist with any follow up discussions with Park Security.
2 days ago

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 02:54:02 PM »
^Those kinds of things happen all the time at every park. Anyone who leaves a pile of wallets and phones for anyone to pick up is asking for them to be stolen. These kinds of complaints are what lead parks to get rid of the cubby-holes and start charging people a dollar an hour for lockers outside each ride (or at least that's what Six Flags did).

And after your stuff is stolen, what do you expect the park to do? It's not like they're going to go around shaking everyone down in the park till they find the wallets. Even if they had cameras they don't have the authority to track those people down.

I'm really glad SDC has the loose item policies they do. Event though they slow operations down a tad, it's just so much easier to carry around a small bag with your stuff and be able to do what you want with it. Even better is the fact that there are now several new locker locations to store stuff for only 50 cents, in case you have stuff that's too valuable to leave around.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 07:34:32 PM »
Agreed /\
WHen I take my two trips a year to Six Flags, I am always let down that I have to make a decision about what I will take with me. Not that I am bringing stuff that does not fit in my pockets, but I am known to take camera(s) with me.  Without storage options that are free to guests, I either have to A.) Not ride certain rides, or B.) Not bring my camera. They will not even let you into ride lines if you are carrying an item (hat bottle refillable mug). For I think $15 you can have an all day pin code accessed locker...but I will just not take photos! I have never lost anything at SDC from this policy. If they did take lockers to the standard, I would hope that it was for guest safety and follow the route of Holiday World and have free lockers.

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 10:55:08 PM »
I think it helps that the majority of the people that go to SDC are honest people and they you can have a certain level of trust when you put stuff in the cubbyhole.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »
I really liked the locker system Universal Studios uses. At the entrance to each ride is the lockers where you can get a free locker for up to an hour while you are in line for the ride and on the ride. You just scan your finger and it gives you a locker. Then when you are done riding, you come back to the lockers scan your finger again, and it opens the locker you put your items in. Free of charge.

It worked great for us, but I'm sure this type of system would be too expensive for SDC to implement.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 04:29:57 PM »
that does pretty nice.  would be nice to have that at every ride for easy access.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 05:01:05 PM »
Holiday World has a nice system for locker storage on their roller coasters.  While boarding the coaster you simply step through, put your stuff in a locker and pull out the key.  Put the key on your wrist and when you get back to the station you unlock and get your stuff. No charge and it's fast and easy.