• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

Project 2027 Tracker

Started by MidwestInfoGuide, February 09, 2025, 02:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmstephe

Quote from: legoerosion on August 14, 2026, 10:41:05 AMI think it's worth giving some credit to Swooosh/MidwestInfoGuide for the very early rumors about it being themed towards the ozarkian daredevil society, with the whole new land being called Daredevil Falls

I must have missed something... isn't Daredevil Falls the flume ride at Dollywood?  Is there confirmation that MME is part of a land/expansion and not just a ride? 

Duelist

I'm Your Huckleberry

Park Fanatic

Looks like we have some stats and that this ride will be a part of the new "DareDevil Pass".
It appears the themed area across from WildFire will be an observation area for the ride!

https://www.parkfanatic.com/post/silver-dollar-city-announces-miner-s-mountain-express-record-breaking-family-coaster-coming-in-202

shavethewhales

... Am I looking at the same announcement as everyone else? I really don't get some of these comments.

No signature moment? What about the tunnel? What about the station fly through? What about the rockwork flybys? The final swoop into the valley? There are several big moments on this ride!

It's a family coaster. I know many were thinking it was going to be another big thrill coaster, but reorient yourselves please. This is AMAZING for what it is. Go look at Quantum Accelerator and how it it just built over a bunch of empty gravel on a flat lot - and that is apparently a pretty good ride!

Theming looks light? What? Was that a joke flew over my head? This will be the most themed coaster in the park other than FITH!

MidwestInfoGuide

Here is your first look from inside the station and of some footers we've been unable to photograph until now

This goes to my Reddit post
https://www.reddit.com/r/silverdollarcity/s/jLJpMVSJJs

I'll have my blog updated late tonight with captions of what you're looking at
SWOOSH

Dfisher

Anyone see anything about max speed yet? I would imagine it would be around 40-45mph but that's just a guess.

Dfisher

Quote from: shavethewhales on August 14, 2026, 11:47:13 AM... Am I looking at the same announcement as everyone else? I really don't get some of these comments.

No signature moment? What about the tunnel? What about the station fly through? What about the rockwork flybys? The final swoop into the valley? There are several big moments on this ride!

It's a family coaster. I know many were thinking it was going to be another big thrill coaster, but reorient yourselves please. This is AMAZING for what it is. Go look at Quantum Accelerator and how it it just built over a bunch of empty gravel on a flat lot - and that is apparently a pretty good ride!

Theming looks light? What? Was that a joke flew over my head? This will be the most themed coaster in the park other than FITH!

I'm with you on this. It looks great for a family ride. The theming is going to be amazing compared to the classic six flags gravel lot.

Dewayne

#907
I am disappointed.

I am slightly happy how the ride looks, has 2 chain lifts, the landscaping, water, the fact that it will go thru the top of the station like thunderhead does, that it will interact with AP, the tunnel, the fact that it is a compact coaster, and has some Airtime moments that I can see.

Unfortunately, I am also disappointed by what it is. The airtime moments don't look strong enough to me compared to what Ozark Wildcat had, I don't see many airtime moments, I expected it to go around PK, cross the tracks, go behind OR, turn around, go into a show builing, go in reverse, drop track, have 3 chain lifts, and come back. The fact that they had the chance to theme this as another one of Doc Harris's new inventions because it is directly across the road, yet they didn't, is also another MAJOR disappointment! I expected something that would finally give Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure a run for it's money! Instead, we just get the newer version of Hiccup's Wing Gliders.... 🙄😒

Shave, THIS is why everyone is upset and disappointed. We expected one thing, yet we get less!

So now, my question is: Why is all that land cleared, why was it not used for this coaster, and what is it planned to be used for???


MidwestInfoGuide

Quote from: hollijo on August 14, 2026, 11:05:18 AMI have a feeling everyone will be quite pleased with 2029/30

2029.  Unless plans change
But let's enjoy this for now
SWOOSH

Potential

#910
Quote from: Dewayne on August 14, 2026, 12:02:53 PMI am disappointed.

I am slightly happy how the ride looks, has 2 chain lifts, the landscaping, water, the fact that it will go thru the top of the station like thunderhead does, that it will interact with AP, the tunnel, the fact that it is a compact coaster, and has some Airtime moments that I can see.

Unfortunately, I am also disappointed by what it is. The airtime moments don't look strong enough to me compared to what Ozark Wildcat had, I don't see many airtime moments, I expected it to go around PK, cross the tracks, go behind OR, turn around, go into a show builing, go in reverse, drop track, have 3 chain lifts, and come back. I expected something that would finally give Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure a run for it's money! Instead, we just get the newer version of Hiccup's Wing Gliders.... 🙄😒

Shave, THIS is why everyone is upset and disappointed. We expected one thing, yet we get less!

So now, my question is: Why is all that land cleared, why was it not used for this coaster, and what is it planned to be used for???

I wouldn't judge this coaster too much sure we get the concept now but that's all we've got. We can't ride it yet we'll just have to see how this ride turns out

hollijo

#911
Quote from: MidwestInfoGuide on August 14, 2026, 12:12:12 PM
Quote from: hollijo on August 14, 2026, 11:05:18 AMI have a feeling everyone will be quite pleased with 2029/30

2029.  Unless plans change
But let's enjoy this for now
Swoosh don't try to correct me now after everything over the past months lol. They have still not fully ironed out details leaving the year up in the air. But yes let's enjoy this "direct TNT replacement" and thank you for the call out of being correct all along.

legoerosion

Quote from: Dewayne on August 14, 2026, 12:02:53 PMI am disappointed.

I am slightly happy how the ride looks, has 2 chain lifts, the landscaping, water, the fact that it will go thru the top of the station like thunderhead does, that it will interact with AP, the tunnel, the fact that it is a compact coaster, and has some Airtime moments that I can see.

Unfortunately, I am also disappointed by what it is. The airtime moments don't look strong enough to me compared to what Ozark Wildcat had, I don't see many airtime moments, I expected it to go around PK, cross the tracks, go behind OR, turn around, go into a show builing, go in reverse, drop track, have 3 chain lifts, and come back. The fact that they had the chance to theme this as another one of Doc Harris's new inventions because it is directly across the road, yet they didn't, is also another MAJOR disappointment! I expected something that would finally give Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure a run for it's money! Instead, we just get the newer version of Hiccup's Wing Gliders.... 🙄😒

Shave, THIS is why everyone is upset and disappointed. We expected one thing, yet we get less!

So now, my question is: Why is all that land cleared, why was it not used for this coaster, and what is it planned to be used for???

The only thing you can blame/be disappointed at is yourself for building up this immense amount of hype for a project that was just speculation until three hours ago. "We expect this but got less" when you set the expectations is going to lead to disappointment everywhere. 🤷

Would I have loved a Stryker, or something a little more thrilling? Yes absolutely. But I'm still going to love this, especially with the smaller height requirement. My daughter can ride with me on this. Not every ride needs to be extreme and gimmicky. This fills in a hole that is very needed at the park.

MidwestInfoGuide

I'm still not sure why everyone was so quick to to be convinced it would be a Stryker.  Is it because that's the cool new thing from Mack?

My favorite guess was the hyper.  There was no chance that was ever gonna be the correct answer.

SWOOSH

MidwestInfoGuide

Quote from: hollijo on August 14, 2026, 12:20:26 PM
Quote from: MidwestInfoGuide on August 14, 2026, 12:12:12 PM
Quote from: hollijo on August 14, 2026, 11:05:18 AMI have a feeling everyone will be quite pleased with 2029/30

2029.  Unless plans change
But let's enjoy this for now
Swoosh don't try to correct me now after everything over the past months lol. They have still not fully ironed out details leaving the year up in the air. But yes let's enjoy this "direct TNT replacement" and thank you for the call out of being correct all along.

Where were you today? Or were you hiding?

I saw BA-Adventures, Coaster101, Melanin Coasters, ACE/Negative-G, 🤮 Taylor from CS, Thrill Network and a few random ones I've never heard of before
SWOOSH