Author Topic: One low cost (non-ride related) thing you would like to see changed at SDC  (Read 1864 times)

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
My wife and I were discussing this last night and I'd be curious to see what others think.

If there was one thing that you would like to see changed/added/removed from SDC that would be a low-cost, non-ride related change, what would it be?

We were talking about the long lines for cinnamon bread and would love to see them add the option of buying it up front at Eva and Delilah's bakery, so you could pick up a loaf on your way out.   They could also bring some to back to Sullivan's Mill.  I wouldn't add the ability to bake the bread at these locations, but as it came out of the oven at Clara Belle's, they could bring a portion of it in insulated containers to these other locations.  A minor change, but I would think it would be well received.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
I would love for them to start using themed carts when moving back of house supplies throughout the park. Even if they used the motorized hand carts like Disney (and I think Dollywood has them now too) and wrap them in a texture that matches the parks aesthetic.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
I forgot a second thing we say every Christmas.

I wish they would add to their Christmas parade.  That has become such a HUGE spectacle that people start lining up an hour, or more, in advance of the parade and then it is over in about 5-6 minutes.  I'd love to see them add to it.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
I'd love to see them drop the modern music and go back to music that fits with the theme.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
^ Agree!  And bring back some of the older shows like the Hatfield Haint and the Courthouse show!
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
I just wish they would cycle some of the older music back in. The new bluegrass covers are nice and I do like how they are kind of a compromise between the new and older crowd wants, but there was a certain ambiance provided by the classic bluegrass...

I think in general I'd like to see more effort on the little theme details again. I like how they have added so many signs back to the park in honor of so many employees, but each and every one has the same thick frame around it so they kind of stick out weirdly when there are so many. I also don't like how they don't hide the modern stuff anymore like the big coolers in the stores. Just little things. At this point I'm just glad there's still a theme at all though, so I'll take what I can get.  :P

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
I'd like just few things to help crowd control. Maybe some queue lines for food items so people are not lining up across walkways, etc. - they've done a little better job the last few times I've gone, but still there's congestion that could easily be fixed with some direction on where to stand.

Another area that could use some attention is the waiting area around rides especially the Thunderation/Time Traveler exits - that area gets so crowded with people just waiting on others to exit the rides. Not sure how to fix that without building a big observation deck area between the two rides?

Jay.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
I second each of the items above. All in favor, say aye.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
I just wish they would cycle some of the older music back in. The new bluegrass covers are nice and I do like how they are kind of a compromise between the new and older crowd wants, but there was a certain ambiance provided by the classic bluegrass...

I think in general I'd like to see more effort on the little theme details again. I like how they have added so many signs back to the park in honor of so many employees, but each and every one has the same thick frame around it so they kind of stick out weirdly when there are so many. I also don't like how they don't hide the modern stuff anymore like the big coolers in the stores. Just little things. At this point I'm just glad there's still a theme at all though, so I'll take what I can get.  :P

As a confirmed member of the Not In Miss Mary's Day club, I'd like to see the signs be hand painted again, and not computer printed.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
As a confirmed member of the Not In Miss Mary's Day club, I'd like to see the signs be hand painted again, and not computer printed.

They replaced quite a few sings this season and they are hand painted.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!

Anyone seen the TV screen menus at the new Sadie’s Pretzel Dog Place?   Ugh.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Some alternative train robbery shows, it would be really fun if they had different versions that tied into the festivals.

More street performers.

Scavenger hunts.(a new one for each festival)

An augmented reality tour or tours of the park(you could have a history one, a behind the scenes, numbers geeks…) that would work from within the app and as you approach a certain part of the park it would launch a short audio clip telling you about that area.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Love the tour ideas!!

Some alternative train robbery shows, it would be really fun if they had different versions that tied into the festivals.

More street performers.

Scavenger hunts.(a new one for each festival)

An augmented reality tour or tours of the park(you could have a history one, a behind the scenes, numbers geeks…) that would work from within the app and as you approach a certain part of the park it would launch a short audio clip telling you about that area.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile

I'm glad to hear that. I might be visiting this fall for the first time in years.