Author Topic: Outlaw Run restraints?  (Read 636 times)

colbrocol

• View Profile
Outlaw Run restraints?
« on: November 08, 2023, 10:21:29 AM »
Correct me if i'm wrong but did they change the restraints on Outlaw Run a few years ago? I rode it back in 2016 and fit just fine. Tried the test seat out and i couldnt even get the lap belt thing to come over my sides. Still around the same weight and height i was back then. also dont remember the restraints over the legs. Didn't know if they changed belts or what.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Outlaw Run restraints?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 10:40:42 AM »
They have been accused of changing the restraints. I seem to recall all RMCs getting modified after the Texas Giant incident years ago. They are definitely tighter now.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 10:59:31 AM »
I rode it again last month and yeah I felt like they were gonna kill me. The operator did confess they did shorten the seatbelts and changed the restraint locking system a couple years ago. I really hope FITH 2.0 isnt gonna be this way, that was my only disappointment when I saw the RMC trains. I was really hoping they were gonna refurb the originals.

colbrocol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 12:44:48 PM »
I was just curious because my first thought was I was never that small and was able to ride it. The belts now are like for someone really thin. That was a fun one to ride. I hope FITH 2.0 has something like the same style lapbar as the original.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 04:30:07 PM »
Assuming the center of gravity is similar, the restraints should not be too restrictive.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating